18

Maya's POV

"So why did you really come?" I whispered to Josh as we walked behind Riley and Lucas in the mall.

"I wanna spend time with you. Plus if we hang out together mutually around Riley she might not be oppose to is being a couple."

"That's smart." I smiled up at him then quickly frowned, "I wish I could hold your hand."

"I know gorgeous, me too." He smiled sympathetically at me.

"Maya?" Riley questioned turning around and walking to me. "Do you think you two could go someone and let Lucas and I be alone? He got a call this morning from his grandad that a horse died on the farm he used to ride and I just wanna cheer him up."

"Of course Riles." I hugged her. "That okay?" I turned back to Josh after I pulled away.

"Sure I don't mind."

"You guys are the best." Riley smiled then walked back to Lucas and they walked into a store.

"Wanna get out of here?" Josh asked me.

"Please. You know shopping and I aren't the best of friends."

"I'm aware." He chuckled and I grabbed his hand as we walked out of the exit appearing outside at ground zero. "Where's your favourite place in all of Manhattan?"

"Tough but I have to go with Times Square and Broadway." I smiled.

"Then that's where we're going." He pulled out two subway cards.

"Josh, no."

"Yes, yes we are. Now come on." Josh helf my hand and pulled me towards the subway stop.

He put his arm around me when we got through the turnstile as there was a lot of creepy older dudes and he clearly felt protective which was cute.

The subway was very crowded since we were creeping up to midday on a Saturday in New York City. Thankfully we managed to find an empty seat by the door and Josh offered it to me because nobody else wanted it but I got him to sit than I sat on his knee. I leaned forward and placed a kiss on his cheek by the corned of his mouth.

"What was that for?" He smiled and questioned.

"You being the best." He smiled more.

"Can't argue there." He chuckled.

Josh's POV

When we got to Times Square Maya literally couldn't stop smiling as she looked around. We were still in broad day light but I could see all the billboards sparkle in her eyes and it was something I wanted to look at forever.

"What's your favourite Broadway show?" I asked her.

"I don't know, I've never been to one." Her smile started to fade.

"Not yet." I smirked.

"What? Josh-"

"If we go now I'm sure we can enter a lottery for a matinée show."

"We don't have to do that."

"Why? It's a free chance, let the universe decide if we go or not."

"Fine." I agreed.

"What show?"

Maya's POV

I looked around until a bright purple billboard caught my eye. I nudged him and pointed up to it.

"Aladdin?"

"Yes. Boy and girl can't be together but end up living happily ever after." I smiled.

"I didn't take you for a happy ever after kind of girl." He teased.

"I'm not. I'm a someday kind of girl who happens to enjoy a classic Disney musical." I smirked and walked towards the theatre with him.

"You're lucky I-, I love Aladdin too."

I smiled at him as we queued up to enter the lottery. Josh gave the name and we went to a McDonald's to grab some food before it was drawn.

We sat outside on a bench while eating - Josh got a burger meal and I got a nugget meal.

"Oh Maya the time, we should head back." Josh said throwing our rubbish in the bin.

"Wait a second." I leaned in and kissed him. I felt him smile against my lips and kiss me back. "Okay I'm ready to go."

Josh's POV

We won. We actually won tickets to a Broadway show.

Maya hugged me and kissed my cheek.

"I'm so excited." She said smiling and holding onto my arm.

"Me too. Should we text Riley and say what we're doing?"

"Absolutely not. She'll get all suspicious and then tell your brother and he'll tell my dad and I'll get in trouble for coming up here because I'm not meant to without an adult." She said all in one breath.

"I'm an adult." I rested my forehead against hers.

"I still don't think we should tell them. We could say we're going to an Art gallery and if we don't respond it's because we put our phones on silent, and that wouldn't be lying because we're seeing the art of performing." She raided an eyebrow.

"You're very smart."

"Yes, I know. Now let's go find our seats."

We linked figured and walked into the New Amsterdam Theatre.