Chapter Thirty-Two: War

When I woke up, I didn't dare to open my eyes immediately because all I felt was fear.

What if I was tricked? What if I stayed in the future? What if I went back to the original past?

So I said an extremely long silent prayer to the universe, begging it to bring me where I wanted to be. I lifted my hand and felt around my chest and just like what Mr. Leon said, the other whistle was gone and all was left was the one I was first given.

Alright, here goes nothing.

My eyelids opened and I tried to rub the remainder of sleep away. What greeted me was the sight of my room, neat and tidy. The corkboard had a few pictures, but none of just Pat and I. My desk wasn't littered with junk, just schoolwork that I was doing.

The final check was my phone. When I unlocked it, not only did it show a picture of Leon and I as my wallpaper, but it also showed the correct date.

I was back the past. Not only that, this was the day after Leon and I confessed to each other, the day after the party.

It was Saturday and that meant, I had to have breakfast with Zoey.

Alright, according to Mr. Leon, she didn't get her happily ever after and let me tell you, if there was someone out there who deserved a fairytale ending, it was Zoey. So new plan – help her get ride of her crush with Christian because apparently, that was going to lead to nowhere good. Maybe, probably, perhaps, we could give her a gentle nudge towards Pat's direction.

But that wasn't set on stone yet because I didn't even know if Zoey would like Pat that way.

My bedroom door clicked open and the said girl came running in, her eyes alight with glee as she lunged onto my bed and possibly crushing my body under her, "Wake up, Avy!"

"Zo," I half grunted and half screeched, trying to push her off of me, "I'm already awake, get off!"

She rolled away but was still very much on my bed as she laughed along to my expense. While it was definitely not the wakeup call I asked for, seeing her happy and smiling made it all okay.

I couldn't get her broken expression out of my head, the one where she was just sitting on my porch in agony because I decided to give her the cold shoulder.

I would gladly spend a lifetime trying to make it up to her.

"I see you're in a happy mood," I commented, finally get up to my feet and stretching my arms over my head, "Anything good happen last night?"

She didn't reply, only humming a happy tune under breath while still keeping that joyful grin on her face. Although she was clearly ecstatic, something in my gut told me that I wasn't going to be happy with this.

"I'll talk about it later," she told me as I went to my closet to fish out an outfit, "So how was your party?"

To be completely honest, that party felt like it was ages ago because of what I've went through.

But in actuality, it was just yesterday.

Although at the end of it all, there was at least one good news that came out of it and I had no intentions on keeping it from her any longer, "Leon and I became a couple."

It took a moment for my words to sink but when it did, a her grin grew bigger and she gasped, "Congratulations!"

If you think about it, everything happened so quickly. Between the time Leon told me about the whistle and today, only two weeks have passed. Well, technically it was two weeks but again, I had a weird warped sense of time.