chapter six

Although my first day in Britain was outstanding, the night was a different story.

I was restless, tossing and turning every minute.

I didn't mind to because I hadn't written anything down.

There were so many feelings that I hadn't felt in so long, I had trouble finding the words to describe what had happened.

Finally after everything was written down, the sun had begun to rise, revealing the raw beauty so many people failed to see.

I put my hair up into a messy bun and slowly desended down the stairs.

I opened the front door and slipped out silently. A soft breeze blew across my face.

I sat down on the front step, gazing upon the radiant orb. I wrapped my arms around my torso, admiring the glowing sky.

I let out a yawn and laid my head onto my arms. I looked at my phone and saw that it read five a.m.

Although it was so early, my mind was awake and ready for the day. Or so it seemed.

After the sun had fully risen i walked back into the house.

The only person up was my aunt, who seemed to be making breakfast. As she turned around, seeing me may have taken her by surprise.

"Cam, what are you doing up? And may I ask, why were you outside?" She asked.

"I couldn't sleep, so I thought I might watch the sunrise," I responded.

Her face softened. "Did you know that your mother used to do that all the time. Her sleep schedule was never good. But there was nothing we could do to stop her from watching it," She said smiling.

"Mother Dearest,"- Toby cried out,-" Tommy is on his way. He'll be here in an hour. He said he wanted to take Cam and me to the arcade over in Brighton to meet Wilbur."

"Well, I'm sure that'll be fine, unless Cam would want to stay home," She responded.

As she finished speaking, she laid a warm mug of tea down in front of me.

After I drank the warm liquid, I went up to my room to change into an outfit before Tommy got here.

As much as I hated to admit it, but Tommy had found a soft spot in my heart. Although at times he frustrated me, I still enjoyed being around him.

He acted like a child at times which was annoying, but he could be mature as well.

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw the door open.

"And now people of the Tube, Cameron," Tommy exclaimed.

I rolled my eyes. "Tom, I said it once and I won't say it again. I don't like being on camera."

Just as Tommy was going to reply, Toby walked in.

"Oi Tommy I didn't even hear you enter the house. I see you've got your vlog camera ready."

"Alright Tubbo and Cam, are you ready to meet the one and only WilburSoot?" Tommy asked.

"Is this Wilbur as annoying as you Tommy?" I asked.

"Why? Do you think I'm annoying Cam?" Tommy asked pulling out the camera again.

"Tommy, I don't like being put on the spot. Alright, tell your stupid fans to stop eating up everything I do. I am not an idol. Okay, I'm a mess. My life is a mess. I'm sure the only reason you want me in your videos is because i give you more views. Your fans love it because this is the closest you've ever gotten to a girl without hurting them. They probably stay away from you because you can't respect their choices. There are so many things that have happened in my life that-."

I was unable to find words to put my emotions into that I just stood there, my eyes filled with tears, but none falling. They were just collecting.

I tried to take a deep breath, but my lungs were unresponsive. It felt like I was choking.

Finally, I was allowed to breath. My hands were shaking from the anxiety.

I was wounded and vulnerable.

I pushed both Tommy and Toby out the door and locked my door, sliding down to the bottom.

I felt the need to cry, but no tears came. I needed some time to be alone.

Why could I have such an amazing day previously, but than the next one be so terrible?

Outside of my door, I heard Tommy and Toby talking.

"Tommy, is there any way that we could meet up with Wilbur tomorrow? By the looks of it, I'm sure Cam isn't going to be leaving her room," Toby said.

"I'm sure Big Man Wilbur will be fine with it," Tommy responded.

"Alright. I think Cam will want some time alone. She's had a rough time sleeping last night," Toby said.

"Ohh I should get going then. See you tomorrow big law," Tommy said walking out of the house.

As I lay against the door, a quiet voice asked, "Do you want a hug Cam?"

I recognized this voice to be Toby's.

I cracked the door open, allowing my cousin to come in and comfort me.

He sat down on the floor next to me, wrapping his arm around my shoulder.

Feeling numb to touch, I laid my head down on his shoulder.

We sat like this for most of the afternoon, just talking about everything that had happened.

Words count~ 900