Chapter 7

Not much has happened in the past few days since Harry arrived to Grimmauld Place. Cassie got into a routine of some sorts only leaving her room for meals and to occasionally talk to her grandmother's portrait. She hasn't spoken to Harry since their argument, but in all honesty, she was fine with that. As she expected, her Dad was all over Harry ever since he arrived, barely even glancing at Cassie to acknowledge she's here.

Her routine was always the same: wake up, eat, then go to bed. However, today was different. As Cassie passed by the second floor on her way to breakfast, she could hear muffled explosions coming from Fred and George's room.

She curiously opened their door and stuck her head in until a poof of black smoke blew up in her face. Cassie coughed while wiping her face trying to get the powder off as two pairs of hands pulled her into the room.

"Cassie! What are you doing!" George exclaimed.

Cassie spits out some of the powder that somehow ended up in her mouth. "What am I doing? What are you guys doing? Explosions of foreign smoke left and right, what is this?!"

"Ah, dear Cassie, you know of our blossoming business. We're simply just testing out some new products," Fred says shrugging.

"Now, let's get you cleaned up so mum doesn't find out what we're doing, she'll throw a fit!" George says while handing Cassie a towel.

Cassie wipes off her face trying to get all the dust off.

"Well, might as well tell me what the fuck that was while I'm standing here," Cassie says irritated.

Fred pulls out a sparkly black rock from his pocket, "That, was a darkness powder. Haven't worked it all out though, it makes everything dark, but leaves a powder residue, as you can see, which we don't want."

"It's a work in progress," George adds.

Cassie silently thought for a minute. "I'm not sure if this would work, but if you set the stone in a dissolving potion, maybe it'll make the powder dissolve when used," she says hesitantly.

The twins looked at each other smirking and instantly wrapped their arms around Cassie.

"Cassie, you are brilliant!" they said synchronized.

"Yeah, we've known that already," she rolled her eyes.

"CASSIE! COME DOWNSTAIRS!"

The twins and Cassie had been talking about products for the past 15 minutes when Mrs. Weasley suddenly yelled for the girl. Fred and George were in luck Cassie had an aptitude for potions so she could give them ideas on how to fix many of their products.

"Well boys, this has been fun, see you later!" she says saluting them jokingly.

Cassie could hear the boys laugh as she closed their door to head downstairs. As she rounded the corner her eyes were met with the sight of Moody standing at the bottom of the staircase.

"Come on now, we don't have all day," he grunted.

She followed Moody in silence as they made their way to the front door. As they passed by many rooms, Cassie saw inside of a room that was slightly ajar. Inside was her father and Harry laughing up a storm together having the time of their lives. She couldn't help, but be slightly hurt by the sight of her Dad bonding with his god-son when he had never made an effort to bond with Cassie.

Despite her hurt feelings, she quickly shook it off. She was starting her Auror training today and nothing was going to ruin that. As Serena always said, she was going to be a bad bitch.

Moody's voice brought Cassie out of her thoughts, "Your training will be at a secret location so we have to side-along apparate."

Cassie nods as she grips onto his arm, ready for the familiar feeling of being shoved through an invisible tube.