Talk To Lin

Guan had gone, Izumi had assured Sukara that the fire nation would keep looking but Sukara wasn't happy. Despite this, she had chosen to go with them when given the choice of staying and looking for Guan or coming home with Kuvira.

Sukara sat next to the bed that Kuvira was resting on with her chin sat on her closed hands. A frown on her face as she stared blankly at the floor.

"Hey," Kuvira said softly, brushing her hand up her wife's scarred arm.

Sukara immediately snapped out of her stare, turning her head. "Are you okay?"

"I'm fine," Kuvira smiled softly as she brought her hand up to the cut on Sukara's face, "are you?"

Sukara leaned into her hand. "Yeah," she mumbled, closing her eyes as she felt Kuvira's skin on hers.

"You need to talk to Lin," Kuvira rubbed her thumb across Sukara's cheek.

Reminded of her annoyance, Sukara pulled away gently, leaning back in her chair.

"I just don't get it," Sukara sighed, rubbing at her face, "why is she mad at me?"

"You mean before or after you shouted at her?" Kuvira asked, raising an eyebrow at her as she rested her hand on her knee.

Sukara gave a weak smile with a guilty look on her face, "before."

"You heard that Lin wanted to wait longer than five minutes to make a decision and you acted like she was never going to do anything," Kuvira told her, "she was mad because you ran off towards something really dangerous and you didn't let her help you."

"But I knew where you were," Sukara argued, leaning forward again.

"You guessed," Kuvira corrected her, running her fingers along the collar of the United Forces uniform, "it was a good guess, and I am so grateful that you came. But it was a guess. You scared her that was all."

Sukara let head fall into Kuvira's hands. She was exhausted, she had allowed herself to act in a way she hadn't done in a long time.

"You're keeping this right?" Kuvira asked, changing the subject, "the uniform."

"Oh, you like it?" Sukara flirted, lifting Kuvira's hand in her own, bringing it to her lips to place a soft kiss in its palm before guiding it to the side of her face.

"You look good in it," Kuvira smirked, moving her hand to the back of Sukara's head, pulling her closer so that she was partially laying on her chest. "Come here."

She tugged gently at her hand to tell her to climb into the bed with her, knowing that neither of them had slept properly over the last few days. Sukara obliged, crawling in behind her and snuggling in close. Holding her just a little tighter than comfortable, grateful to have her wife back in her arms. She should have known better than to think her life was going to be peaceful, all she could do was hold onto what she had and promise herself that if she ever saw Guan again, she'd kill him.

End of part 2