- 𝟓𝟐

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

     AFTER THEY sent merle to stand away from them in the woods against a tree to regain himself, rick felt like having a conversation with daryl about what was going to happen with his brother and if he was allowed to come back with them.

     "it won't work." rick told him.

     daryl shook his head, "it's gotta."

     "it'll stir things up." he countered.

      daryl seemed to think about their bigger problem, desperately wanting to cling to his brother, "look, the governor is probably on the way to the prison right now. merle knows how he thinks and we could use the muscle." he proposed.

     "i understand how you feel daryl, but how can we be sure that he's going to be loyal to us over that crazy asshole?" rosaline questioned, crossing her arms and adjusting the rifle on her back. she'd put her bow and quiver in with rhaegar in the car.

     maggie dipped her head, "i'm not having him at the prison."

     glenn wasn't impressed, "do you really want him sleeping in the same cell block as rosaline, carol or beth?"

     "he ain't a rapist." daryl retorted. rosaline blinked at him, she sort of knew that. despite everything that merle did he'd never did something unwanted to her back in atlanta when she spent time with the brothers.

     "well, his buddy is." glenn said as a matter of factly.

     "they ain't buddies no more. not after last night," he answered both rosaline and glenn.

     rick didn't accept that answer, "there's no way merle's gonna live there without putting everyone at each other's throats."

     daryl shot him a death stare, "so you're gonna cut merle loose and bring the last samurai home with us?"

     "she's not coming back."

     maggie glanced at him, "she's not in a state to be on her own."

     glenn agreed, "she did bring you guys to us."

     "and then ditched us." rick said.

     rosaline said something after being fairly silent, "she came back. it almost seemed like she was the one who gave the governor that injury. did you see the state of him?"

     maggie nodded, "at least let my dad stitch her up."

     "she's too unpredictable." the former sheriff shook his head.

     "that's right. we don't know who she is, but merle- merle's blood." daryl pointed out.

     "no, merle is your blood. my blood, my family is standing right here and waiting for us back at the prison." glenn flared.