six

BAD BOY, CARYS

BAD BOY, CARYS

- I'm dedicating this chapter to authoressperfekt. I love reading your comments! Your reactions make me laugh 😂 Thank you for the "anti-hero" idea. -

I felt someone melting holes into my head

I felt someone melting holes into my head. I grew hot. It wasn't a bad feeling. It felt good. To be watched. I had a feeling I knew who it was, so I searched. My eyes meet his. He raises his glass. I smirk. This was about to get so much more exciting.

"You look radiant in white."

Heat creeps from my throat to my cheeks. I dip my head before smiling and looking back at him.

"Thank you," I reply and regain my confidence. "You look sexy in black."

He grins. I swoon internally.

"Would you like something to drink?"

I look at him skeptically. "You're letting me have liquor?"

He scoffs. "No. I'll lose my liquor license. You'll have a Shirley Temple."

I roll my eyes. Of course, I am. I see him smile and shake his head.

"Actually... I'd prefer a Mango Tango," I say. "Virgin, of course."

He orders me the drink and bourbon for himself. He hesitantly hands me the Mango Tango. I take a sip. God. He looks great. This drink is great too.

"Would you like to dance?" He extends his hand toward me.

"I would love to."

I take his hand and he leads me onto the dance floor. His hands land on his hips. I step closer to him, sliding my arms up and around his neck. His eyes flash with amusement. I lean my head against his shoulder blade, closing my eyes. I take in the music as we move. The song changes into something more romantic, in a remix. For whatever reason, my eye catches on someone. I take a better look when we move around again.