chapter seven

My night was extremely rough. I only was able to sleep for a few hours, pulling an all nighter, only to fall asleep at 7 a.m.

But I knew that I would survive.

When I woke up at 8 a.m., I felt my energy drain by just sitting up.

I looked in the mirror and noticed the massive bags underneath my eyes. They were bloodshot and puffy from the minimum amount of sleep I had recieved.

I got dressed in my outfit, hoping that it would boost my appearance. I applied some concealer under my eyes, knowing that it would definitely help me.

I walked down the stairs and plopped myself onto the couch just as Toby came out of the kitchen.

"How did you sleep last night?" He asked.

"Well, it definitely wasn't the worst, but definitely not the best. I think I only got one hour," I responded.

"Cam, you're not going to be able to function today. Wilbur has plenty of things planned today and well. And plus, Tommy is going to be there. Are you sure you'll be okay?"

I looked deeply into his eyes. "Toby, I'll be fine. Alright. This is basically how I run at home. And I know how to handle my emotions with people who have hurt me, especially when it comes to hiding them" I replied.

After I realized what I said, I went silent.

"Cam, you can't keep everything bottled up inside. Seriously, I am the theropriest. What flavor do you need to feel better?" He asked, a smile blossoming across his face.

"Alright theropriest, how are you going to help me?" I responded.

"Well, usually my only customer is Tommy, but meeting the people at the arcade will most likely help. They're all very supportive. I think Phil's wife will be there. You two seem like you'd get along,"The boy said.

"I'll do it. But Toby, if I need you or some time alone, I'll text you," I responded.

He opened his arms again, but this time decided that I would give in, and let my walls down that guarded my heart.

He only knew a fraction of my pain, but that was enough. I fell into his arms and allowed any kind of comfort he was willing to give.

I felt the heavy pull of the tears well up into my eyes. "I'm scared, Toby. What if I really messed up and there's no way to fix it?" I whispered.

He looked into my tear filled eyes, "Cam, Tommy made a mistake and if you're not able to see that he's in the wrong, then I don't know what will. If you feel that the time is right, go and talk to him today. If you don't, then you'll be fine, but if you do, it will release the pressure from your chest."

"But."

"There are no buts in this Cam. I know you are smart enough to figure this out. But I think that Tommy's here waiting," Toby said walking out to the car.

The car ride was silent and awkward. The only words exchanged were the thanks to Tommy's father who drove us there.

Our trio walked and quickly found Wilbur, Phil, Phil's wife Kristen, and Niki.

Smiles were plastered all over Toby and Tommy's faces. I watched as the two boys interacted with the people they talk with daily.

A woman with blonde hair came up beside me. She was a bit shorter than me, but not much.

"You must be Cameron," She said.

Taken by surprise I replied, " I told Tommy not to post anything."

"Oh I didn't find it out from Tommy. Tubbo went into a vc to talk with Wilbur and me. He said he needed some advice about dealing with girls," She replied.

I nodded my head.

Tommy pulled out the camera and I felt my entire body freeze, pulling my cousin behind.

"Toby, I can't do this. I can't be seen in his video," I said glancing at the group of people ahead of us.

"You'll be fine. I bet Phil and Kristen would allow you to sit at their table. They're adults and respect personal boundaries, unlike some child that is here. Just walk behind me," He replied walking after the group.

I followed Toby into the arcade, never trailing to far behind.

I saw a coffee bar, which was odd for a arcade in Britain, but I ignored that. I stood in line and ordered mocha with cinnamon in it.

After receiving my drink, I sat down at Phil and Kristen's table.

"Aren't you a little young to be drinking coffee?" The man asked.

"I'm assuming that you haven't been to America before. I'm only fifteen, and kids younger than me have already started to drink it," I replied inhaling the calming scent.

"My mistake, I thought you were a lot younger than that," He replied with a chuckle.

"I'm sure its none of my business, but why don't you want to play games like Tubbo and Tommy?" Kristen asked.

"Well, yesterday was kinda rough. I'm not sure if its obvious, but I don't like being on camera, and Tommy was pushing the thresholds I had placed. I retaliated and said something extremely hurtful."

After I had repeated my mistake out loud, I knew where I messed up.

"Excuse me, I have to go talk with my cousin, he has something of mine," I fibbed.

Walking away from the table, I glanced in every direction, trying to find Toby.

But instead of finding the boy I needed, I ran into Tommy.

I looked into the eyes I had hurt. The eyes that were so young and innocent, but extremely mature and wise.

"Tommy, I need to talk with you, in private."

Word Count~ 966