37| Boyfriend

AN:
Hi guys, I'm so sorry for the earlier technical issues. I accidentally published this chapter while I was still in the middle of writing it and unpublished it right away (I didn't know that it's still there for you to see). That 'Publish' button is reaaaallllyyyy close to 'Save' button. Once again, I'm sorry.

***

Our day in the amusement park is spent accompanying Flynn wherever he wants to go

Our day in the amusement park is spent accompanying Flynn wherever he wants to go. The kid finally feels hungry after playing in so many areas, so we grab some burgers and order some kids meals that have some bonus action figures of the Avengers.

Right. Romantic atmosphere? Gone.

Later in the afternoon, after Flynn finishes another session of a mini train ride with Lais, we encounter a live-action performance of Thor fighting Thanos in the middle of the park.

A lot of people stop in their track when they catch the entertaining sight, and Flynn is one of them.

He looks so damn excited to watch from the front line, but unfortunately, so many other people have gathered around the performance that he can't just get past them.

"Daddy, I wanna see them!" another boy shouts to his dad, who then puts him to sit on his shoulders. That boy looks so happy from watching the live-action. "Wow!" he exclaims in amazement.

Flynn stares at them, a hint of envy in his eyes. And sadness.

From what I heard earlier this morning, I assume that his mother is a single parent. I wonder how long Flynn has lost his father.

But the kid deserves to be happy just by watching this performance he's been dying to see.

"Come here, buddy." I lift him and make him sit on my shoulders so that he can see his favorite superhero fighting the villain.

Flynn cheers on Thor -- there's so much excitement in his voice echoing in my ears.

I laugh as Thanos falls onto the ground -- it's quite funny without the real violence being showed off. I find it quite entertaining myself.

Glancing at Lais, I notice that she's smiling as she watches me and Flynn.

After that, we move on to another area where Flynn insists to ride a bumper car, but he's still too small to ride it alone so that I decide to accompany him.

We have so much fun while riding it and bumping into other cars -- we laugh until it hurts.

Next, I have to satisfy his need to acquire some hot wheels for his collections by winning a shooting game.

It's easy. I just have to shoot seven mini godzillas with the rifle before acquiring two sets of the cars.

But he cheers on me like I'm in some kind of medieval battle. I even wonder how this kid hasn't lost his voice yet.