chapter thirty-seven

"you could have warned me

"you could have warned me."

"yeah, but if i warned you then you'd want the front seat and i was not sitting back there with that."

renjun pointed to the sleeping jaemin clinging against jiyoung's arm- holding her tightly as if she was a pillow.

"no, i would've simply just picked the other car." jiyoung huffed, leaning against the window.

she didn't mind the clingy behavior jaemin exhibited. in fact, she thought it was nice to actually feel warmth after getting into the freezing car.

the only problem was that he had a girlfriend. a girlfriend who hated jiyoung's guts and would drag her to hell and back before ever letting jiyoung and jaemin become this close.

"get up," she flicked his head, a thumping sound being heard.

jaemin squinted at the sudden flicker of pain in his forehead, finally waking up long enough to realize they were finally at the store.

he sighed, not wanting to get up and go inside. but still, he attempted to pull himself out of the vehicle, knowing none of his friends would stay behind and let him cling to them.

jiyoung walked separately into the building, the same feeling of someone watching her like when she was going into the bending academy coming back. then, again, the camera click. once again, she ignored it.

"let's go visit the candy aisle." nayeon said enthusiastically, grabbing the first wrists she could reach. those being jeno and jaemin.

the others spread out around the doorway, looking around to see where they'd like to explore first.

the three youngest looked at each other, deciding without words that they would join the others in the candy aisle.

walking into it, they caught sight of jeno playfully pushing jaemin off of his shoulders.

jaemin noticed the other three walking into the isle and clasped against jisung, who was closest to him at the moment.

jiyoung laughed slightly, making jisung glare at her.

"hey jaemin," he suddenly spoke. jaemin hummed in response, waiting for jisung to continue.

"jiyoung said she'd let you cling to her while we're here since you're so tired. nice of her, isn't it?" jisung held in his laugh as he felt jaemin's release.

"i'll get you back." jiyoung mouthed to the younger boy- ignoring jaemins arm wrapping around her shoulders and chin laying on her.

chenle watched the encounter, not being able to find it in himself to say anything just in case the two pulled a quick one on him that resulted in jaemin clinging to him.

jeno and nayeon didn't pay any kind of attention to what they were doing, instead, focusing on which sweets would be best to buy for the group.

after multiple decisions with the three youngests' imputes with a pinch of jaemin's decisions here and there, their basket was full and they were ready to meet up with the others.

the remaining three boys found their way out of the ice cream aisle, everyone's favorite ice cream flavors being found in their shared basket.

"everyone get everything they need?"

everyone looked around each other, realizing they only missed the drinks. a few left to retrieve them and came back- the group putting all their stuff together to pay for it.

"seeing this much money on a singular ticket physically and mentally pains me." jiyoung cringed.

"me too," jeno reassured her, "but you'll eventually get used to it when you spend enough time with these idio-"

donghyuck smacked his shoulder harshly, making jeno stop before he could finish his sentence.

"i was just kidding." jeno defended himself.

everyone grabbed a bag or multiple, walking outside and getting back into the cars they were drove in before.

jiyoung attempted to get out of the store as fast as she could to get the front seat but with jaemin practically hanging onto her back, she couldn't do anything but watch renjun run past her and into the car.

her middle finger rose as she walked over to the car, flipping the older boys off.