─ dix sept

DIX SEPT

christmas at the potters!

CHRISTMAS EVE AT the Potters was chaotic, to say the least. Even with all of the preparation the days and weeks beforehand ( months on Molly's part ), it was still a scramble to Christmas morning. 

Around the house, various activities were taking place: Hermione and George meticulously wrapped various gifts with the help of Victoire, Teddy, Scorpius and Louis on the enormous dining room table. Fleur and Harry were helping Molly in the kitchen to make and prep a Christmas feast.

Angelina and Ron made sure that Lily Luna, Roxanne and Hugo were not getting in the way by playing board games with them. Ginny, Bill, James and Albus were out doing last minute gift shopping. Dom and Rose were making a wreath for the front door and Fred and Lily were cleaning up after everyone. 

"I can't believe we got stuck on cleaning duty," Fred grumbled as he lugged a trash bag into the bin at the front of the house.

"Well you did wake up last," Lily said with a smile.

He shot her an evil eye and she smiled innocently.

"I can't believe you actually like cleaning," he said.

She just shrugged.

"So," she started as they made their way upstairs to do the laundry. 

"So," he repeated back.

"What's going on with you and Lorcan?" she asked.

"Skipping the small talk, are we?" Fred joked.

"Seems like it," Lily replied as she hoisted Albus's laundry bin onto her hip. 

"Nothing, nothing is going on between me and Lorcan," Fred said as he heaved the laundry down the stairs.

"I'm calling bullshit," Lily sang as she followed him. 

"Oh what? Like there's nothing going on between you and James?" Fred retorted.

"Why is everyone saying that?" Lily huffed as they finally reached the muggle washer.

"Because- how do you use this thing?" Fred asked as he inspected the device.

Lily laughed lightly, "I'll work it, you hand me all of the dark clothing."

Fred nodded dutifully as he started tossing ( more like chucking ) the darker clothing at Lily. 

"Sorry, you were saying?" Lily asked as they settled into a rhythm.