ten

A knock sounded through the room and Chaerin stared at the ceiling for a few more seconds before getting up.

She slept in a typical guest room, a bit surprising that they have guest rooms since they're a gang, however, she was thankful nonetheless, Chaerin thought.

They also left a sweatshirt for her to change in, she doesn't know whose it is though.

She opened the door and was greeted by two familiar faces.

"Good morning Chae!" a smiley Jaemin greeted, accompanied by Jisung.

"Good morning," She responded sleep still evident in her voice, "What's up?"

"Breakfast is going to be served in a bit, and we brought you a shirt to change in," he handed her a black shirt. "It might be a little big," he smiled, "Sorry for that,"

"It's fine, thank you,"

"Are you going to change first or eat?"

"I'll go down with you," Jaemin nodded and led the way downstairs. Chaerin agreed to go down since one, she was hungry, and second, she knows she'll get lost finding her way downstairs.

After a few seconds, Jisung gestured Chaerin to fall behind Jaemin, a bit confused, She did what he asked.

"Chaerin," he started, scratching the back of his neck, "Can you like, not tell them about the incident?" He laughed nervously.

"Which one?" Chaerin almost snorted, "The art room? The gym? The-" she then began counting with her fingers.

Jisung's hands flew in all directions, shushing her. He quickly glanced in Jaemin's direction to check if he was listening in on the conversation, lucky for him Jaemin was far enough to not hear anything.

Jisung sighed in relief.

"All of them," Jisung frowned before giving her a sweet smile, "Please?"

"Chenle's going to kill me," He chuckled nervously, scratching the back of his neck once more.

"Fine," Chaerin rolled her eyes while shaking her head in disapproval.

"I'm confused though,"

"Hmm?" She looked up to him, he was younger than her but considerably taller.

"Why didn't you report any of those or us for the matter?" Curiosity showing in his features.

"You know you're this close to getting suspended right?"

"Yes you break the rules here and there, but I think you're serious about your studies so I let you slide," Chaerin shrugged, "I had my fair share of breaking the rules,"

"What? Aren't you vice president?"

"Maybe,"

His face contorted in shock and curiosity.

"What? What did you do?"

"Nothing you can't prove," she smiled, "Jaemin wait up!" She said walking faster to catch up to him.

"Don't escape the question!"

• • •

What greeted Chaerin downstairs was a surprise. Some of the older members like Kun and Doyoung were in the kitchen cooking breakfast and the other members were scattered around the ground floor.

Most of them looked like they got dragged out of bed and were forced to go downstairs.

They looked like a family more than a gang. Aren't gangs all business? Scratch that, if they were I would be dead by now.

"Hey did you sleep well?"

Brown eyes entered her vision.

"Yeah," Chaerin responded.

"Uh, that's good,"

The next 5 seconds were spent with an awkward silence. Neither of them spoke a word.

Chaerin was about to leave to check the kitchen and see if they need help, not at all avoiding or escaping this.

"Taeyong said we'll have a meeting after breakfast," Mark piped up.

"Okay," Damn is my vocabulary limited to one-word sentences?

Mark smiled and made a move to leave, saying something under his breath.

"Huh, my clothes suit you," he shrugged.

___________________________

exhilarating | mark leegabrielle_010

gabrielle_010