11

Elli's POV

I arrive at the school dance. I thought I was early, but considering the amount of people I am seeing, I think it's fair to say that I'm rather late. But who cares? I'm only here to see Julie and the band. 

Hoping to find Ivy, I take a look around. Right now I must look like a loser that has  no friends, which to be honest is partly true. But I do have Ivy.

And I have Alex, too.

"Hey! There you are", I greet my friend , "I was looking for you. I'm sorry if I'm late. I might have messed up the time. Have you been here for long?"

"Hello to you too", she laughs, "You're fine. You didn't get the wrong time. Most people are just early because they want a good spot for when Julie and her hologram band are playing. Most of them think that would give them a chance with one of the guys. Can the guys even see the crowd? Considering they aren't really here"

"I- eh" Before I can come up with an answer, she already cuts me off again, "Speaking of the guys. So....the one with the leather jacket. What's his name? What's he like? Have you actually met him yet? And you can't just walk away now. You know, like you did when I sent you those messages." she looks at me with a serious expression.

I really did just walk away. I just didn't know what to answer. Just like right now. I have absolutely no idea what I'm supposed to say. "Look, Ivy, can we maybe do this another time and just enjoy the night?", I ask her hopefully.

"No. Absolutely not" she says right away "You will just say that everytime until I drop that topic all together".

"Then let's just drop it right now".

"I think I have a better idea" she looks at me with an evil grin and starts walking away from me "Let's go ask Julie". Wait what? She can't do that. 

Shit.

I run after her "What?! No! Ivy wait!" I can't stop her because she is already standing in front of Julie who is looking up from the ground she is sitting on.

I like her outfit.

"Heeeey Julieee. So how does this whole hologram thing work?". Instead of answering with words, Julie just points to the projector in front of her. "Weird. That looks simpler than I expected. But then again I have no clue about anything related to science. I have another question. Have you met them in person before?"

"No. They aren't from around here. They're from Sweden."

"Sweden? Really? Wow. Okay..."

"Why are you asking?"

Please Ivy I beg of you. Please just don't say anything. I won't be able to show my face at my house ever again. Don't ruin this for me. I know you're jsut trying to help, but I can't do this right now.

That's what I want to tell her, but as soon as I open my mouth it's like my body isn't able to make a noise.

Great.

"Well here's the thing" Ivy whispers "You're sister has this crush on the boy with the leather jacket. She won't admit it though"

"No I don't" I say before she can say anything else "Just don't listen to her, Julie. I don't know what got into her head today. Or any other day for that matter. Just ignore us and forget anything either of us have said"

I drag a laughing Ivy away from there while Julie is just smirking at me.

This can't be good.

Good job Elli. That was so believable of you. You are so great at improvising. I'm an idiot. I just made all of this worse. I pretty much just confirmed that what Ivy said is right.

I do have a crush on Reggie. Not that she knows that that is his name.

How do I undo this?

Time travel? 

I wouldn't be surprised if that was real. I mean ghosts are real. Who is to say there is nothing else out there in the unknown.

Luckily the guys weren't there to hear any of that. With some luck and sisterly loyalty she won't tell Reggie about this.

Wait...

The guys aren't here. Their gig is supposed to start soon.

Why aren't they here yet.

They better not ditch this.

Hours pass and they still aren't here. They should've performed by now. Well, they would've if the had actually shown up. I can't believe this. I'm so sorry for Julie. 

Nick, Carrie, Julie and Flynn can be heard talking.

"Does anyone know the Heimlich? 'Cause Julie's choking", Carrie says and chuckles afterwards.

Right now I would like to strangle her. Let's see who's choking then. I bet she won't find it funny then.

No.

I'm better than that. I've learned to always treat people with kindness. Even in moments like this. Even in moments in which it is really hard to keep it all together.

People start leaving. Carrie invited them to a party at her place. Even Ivy is going before I can stop her. But that's okay I guess. She deserves to have fun. No need to keep her here when she can't even help or do anything.

I can't believe the guys really ditched her. They really didn't show up.

I can feel the anger building up in me.

That's it.

The next time I see them I will talk some sense into those idiots.

---

A/N

She is finally going to talk to them.

I can't wait to write the next chapter.

Hopefully soon!