four

04. Memory Lane

"Wait, you're having dreams about Ariana's life now?" Damon asked Aria.

Damon and Aria were currently at the Grill, talking about the weird dream Aria had last night after Damon had left.

"It was one dream" Aria corrected, "But that dream felt so real, like it has actually happened before".

"And you think it has?" Damon asked.

Aria sighed, "I don't know what to think Damon, all I know is that deep down, Ariana's story sounds very familiar and I think me finding out about Ariana has broken some kind of wall in my brain, which is now enabling me to have dreams about her".

"And what exactly happened in this dream?" Damon asked curiously.

"Well, there was me, or Ariana, and there was this guy" Aria recalled.

"Guy?" Damon asked, "Did you see his face?".

Aria shook her head, "No, I only saw Ariana's face, the guy's face was blurred, almost like something was stopping me from seeing him, but I do know he has a strong British accent".

"What was the guy and Ariana doing?" Damon asked.

"Ariana was running away from the guy, they were in a playful chase, but then Ariana tripped over a rock and she nearly fell in a cliff but the guy saved her, he told her that he will never let anything happen to her, and then--".

"Then what?" Damon asked, frowning seeing Aria's hesitation.

"Then they kissed" Aria said, scared of Damon's reaction.

Damon sighed, knowing Aria hesitated because she didn't want to hurt Damon, "Aria, you can't be scared to tell me these things, I want to know everything, and it doesn't matter if Ariana and the guy kissed in your dream because it was Ariana not Aria, there's only one guy Aria Connor's kissing and his sitting right infront of her".

Aria smiled at Damon, she leaned forward and pecked his lips, "I love you".

Damon smiled at Aria, "Why does that never get old?".

"Because it's the truth" Aria replied, smiling ear to ear, which she did often in Damon's company, "Now can we please move on from Ariana, and instead why don't you tell me, why we are here so early?".

"We are here to pick something up for Jenna's barbecue" Damon informed.

"Wait, how do you know about Jenna's barbecue?" Aria asked confused, "I didn't even tell you about it yet".

"It was my idea, Jenna went to high school with Mason Lockwood" Damon explained, "So I figured a social gathering would be a good way to get to know the guy, so I told Ric to tell Jenna and--".

"Does Jenna know you're coming?" Aria interrupted, "Because if you hadn't realised, Jenna isn't a huge fan of you right now".

Jenna believed Damon was a bad influence on Aria, she thought because of him Aria was spending less and less time at home and more time at the Boarding House, which was kind of true, but it was only because they were trying figure out what was going on with the Lockwood family, and they couldn't exactly tell Jenna that, it also didn't help that Elena told Jenna that Aria and her had a fight because of Damon, so now Jenna believes Damon is coming between two life long best friends, not realising that it was Elena's hatred that was coming between Aria and Elena, not Damon.