chapter 27

(chapter 26 has since been unpublished. previously contained a sex scene)

-

i yawn as my eyes open, feeling draco's head against my shoulder, his arm wrapped around my waist. he breaths softly, and i'd hate to accidentally wake him, but the small clock on the bedside table tells me that its 7:00. with our ancient runes starting at 9:00, i know I'll have to pull the plug soon so that we have time to grab our books.

i lightly move his arm off of me, sliding off to the side of the bed. i feel a familiar pain in my hips, but ten times worse than it's been before. i wince as i swing my legs over the edge of the bed, closing my eyes and taking a deep breath.

i look over my shoulder at draco, his head now pressed into the pillow. he only stirs for a second after a move away before his breathing evens out again, his hand that was once around me rests next to his face.

i bend down, grabbing draco's shirt off the floor and pulling my arm's through the sleeves, wrapping the silk fabric around me. i do up the middle few buttons, and then stretch my feet towards the ground. i shut my eyes again, holding to the edge of my bed and pressing myself up, a pain shooting up my leg as i put weight on it. shit.

i clear my throat, sitting back down. i pull up the edge of his shirt, noticing light bruises on my waist, outlining the marks of his rings. i set it back down.

i feel the mattress shift beneath me, and i look back over my shoulder again. draco rubs his eyes with the back of his hand, laying onto his back and looking up at the ceiling. he stretches his arms up, yawning and then letting go, his arms hitting back onto the bed. his head turns to the side, his eyes meeting mine.

"hey, you."

his eyes are half-open, his lips in a wide-set smile. he reaches his arm toward me, holding out his hand, palm facing up. i place mine over his, his fingers interlocking with mine.

"sleep well?" i ask, watching as he shuts his eyes again, holding his free arm across his chest.

"slept amazing." he smiles wider, "and you?" i nod my head with a smile. he squeezes my hand before letting go, yawning and rubbing his eyes with his hands.

"will you grab me some clothes?" he raises his eyebrow, opening his eyes to nod toward the chest in the corner. my cheeks flush, he smirks, "that is unless... you can't?" his eyes look me up and down, his grin widening to where where i can see his teeth biting down on the tip of his tongue.

"of course i can," i say confidently, shrugging. he looks at me skeptically with a small laugh, nodding his head towards the chest again, saying, "go ahead, then. no one's stopping you."

i look back ahead of me, biting back my cheeks. i take a deep breath, nodding my head and pushing myself up to stand. it hurts a bit, but i'm able to straighten myself and turn around to face him

"see? completely fine," i smile brightly.

he tilts his head, "walk."

"hm?" i swallow nervously.

"walk over to the chest," he repeats, "go on." he continues to smirk, looking over at me. the covers fall down over his chest, revealing his whole torso as he presses himself up to sit, crossing his arms over himself and leaning his head back against the headboard

i tilt my head back at him with a sigh. if the veritaserum was still in my system, i would be laying in the bed right now, complaining about the ache in my legs, the pain each step takes. but i'm too stubborn to admit that to him sober. i take a few shaky steps, holding in my breath so i don't wince. i look over at him and he's smirking, eyebrows raised, clearly enjoying watching me pretend not to suffer.