30. Filia and Mio, The Anti-hero and The Agent

[It seems like Inspector Chen is having a hard time with all of those inspections] - Dr Maria

The doctor of Rhodes Island says without taking her eyes off from the ancient book in her palm. Her action earns a small frown from a small girl walking along with her from the mobile fortress of Rhodes Island. The most noticeable feature of the girl is a pair of cautus ears.

[Dokutah... She has a reason to be so. After all, the public of Great Lungmen would be in a state of panic if more infected enters the city than the norm] - Amiya

Amiya said before tapping on Dr Maria's arm a few times.

Dr Maria looked at the cautus girl and saw that her partner was gesturing about the book. She blinked her eyes a few times before coming to a realisation and closed the book. Gearing her focus on one of the Rhodes Island's tasks which are to meet up with the L.G.D.

Both of them stopped in front of an inspection post at the border along with groups of Rhodes Island's operators behind them. As both of them witnessed more of Chen's continuous orders to the Lungmen guards under her command.

[14 minutes late, representatives of Rhodes Island. Time is wasted here] - Chen

The Head Inspector of L.G.D turns her head towards Amiya with a frown and one of her hands on her hips.

Amiya was slightly stunned by Chen's sternness but, she kept herself composed for professionalism. As the inspector glances to Dr Maria.

[I'm sorry, Miss Chen. Our recent intel of Reunions location in the Great Lungmen was a rush, we came as fast as we could] - Amiya

[It's fine, I know about it... Who is she?] - Chen

Chen gazes at Dr Maria as Amiya turn her eyes to the doctor before staring back at the inspector.

[This is Dr Maria, the consultant of Rhodes Island] - Amiya

[Excluding Dr Maria and you, all the operators under Rhodes Island are to assist the border inspection. This is to prove your company's capabilities] - Chen

The statement was slightly bizarre to Amiya and Dr Maria. But they both understood that it is a test for Rhodes Island's worth.

[Now, the two of you come with me] - Chen

Amiya nods in silence before following behind Chen, stopping for a moment as she waited for Dr Maria who was still behind.

[Firewatch, you're permitted to go undercover into Great Lungmen so, leave the border to the others. See what you could find useful for anything related to any of our tasks, even uncovering the history behind this book] - Dr Maria

Dr Maria whispers to Filia (Firewatch), who was standing beside her with a small cloak covering the elafia girl's armless right shoulder.

[Understood...] - Filia (Firewatch)

Only then, Dr Maria follows after Chen and Amiya. Leaving Filia behind at the border before disappearing from plain sight.

Filia thought for a moment before remembering a particular 'gateway' to enter the city without going through any bureaucrats. Which is going through the old abandoned sewers system of the Great Lungmen.

She walks away from the border and approaches a particular edge of the city's walls. It was inaccessible due to no walkable platforms built to move further, but that was not a problem for Filia.

Her only hand shift her cloak away and revealed a length of rope beside her waist. A click could be heard as she took the sharp edge metal head of the rope and swung it far accurately towards a sealed entrance of the abandoned sewer. Driving the rope to the right to strike the metal edge into the edges of the sealed entrance. All of this is done while no one was around.