The Return

(A/N): Hello! For this chapter, there is a word 'wad'! A wad is what you use to shove gunpowder into a cannon.

Year 850 

I wake up unexpectedly. It was still dark outside and the dorm was completely silent. I place my feet on the cold wooden floor trying to pass all of the boards that creaked. I grab a blanket and head outside. 

'Why does it have to be so cold in the mornings!' 

"Brr.." I say making my way past the steps of the dorm, shivering. 

I walk out to the high grassy hills to see the sunrise and set against a big tree. 

------------------------------------ 

"Since when were you a morning person?" I hear a soothing voice trail into my ears. 

"I'm not...I just happened to wake up when then the sun was rising." I look behind me to see Eren standing there was the breeze hit him making his hair flow. 

"Mind if I join ya?" He says rubbing the back of his head. 

I scootch over and pat the space right next to me. "Go ahead, it's not like someone else is going to wake up early... Speaking of... Why are you up so early?" 

He sits down right next to me, " Good question, I just woke up I guess.." 

I give him a piece of my blanket to share, " You know, you haven't changed a bit Eren." 

He looks over to me, "Is that a good thing or a bad thing?" 

" I'll explain and then you tell me... You have the same ambition, same attitude, same big bug eyes, same look in your eye, but you have matured in a way." I say leaning against his shoulder. 

"Sounds almost like a compliment, but you could have left out the big bug eyes." He says leaning his head on top of me. 

"Do you miss the days when we were ten, sleepovers, strolling around, collecting wood, and making memories just in general?" I question him looking off into the pink and yellow sky. 

"Of course I do, why wouldn't I? I miss dragging you around all over the place and you complaining and then you would just get red in the head because no one would ever listen to you." He says. 

"What do you mean "miss"? You and Mikasa do it all the time! Except for Armin! He is the only polite one!" I say pouting. 

"Ahem, maybe because he secretly liked you, cough cough," He says quickly and under his breath. 

"Armin what?!?!" I say jerking my head back up. 

"I didn't say anything... I don't know what you are talking about." Eren says looking away. 

"Did too!! And you failed to tell me back then?!" I say poking him. 

"Did not!" He argues. 

"Did too!" I say pinching his side. 

"Enough with the pinching of the side! It hurts and tickles!" He says grabbing my arm. 

"Interesting...I'll make a note of that," I say resting my arm. 

"Who knows (y/n), maybe he still does and we just don't know." He says with a smirk. 

"Why? Do you know anything?! Tell me!" I say. 

"I said "who knows" not I know." He says as his smirk begins to grow. 

"Really..." I roll my eyes and rest my back on the tree. We sat in complete silence for about five minutes admiring the view.