That was awesome

Aliza laid awake in the bed, staring at the ceiling. She was thinking about all the ways her life changed in the past few months. How from being an ordinary teenager she became one of the strongest creatures alive.

Creature, not human.

It was an odd truth that still felt like a joke she failed to understand. Things still seemed unclear, the feeling that no one was telling her everything grew stronger as the days went by but she kept shoving that thought inside because so far she was safe. 

This is temporary, you will go home.

Aliza sat up, pushing the sheets away from her body. She still had a few hours before she had to get ready for whatever lessons Vincent and Bonnie were going to teach her. 

Her eyes fell on the piles of books that hurt her heart. She decided to organize them as a means to get her mind off the things that were making her anxious. She got up from the bed at walked towards where the books were dumped. She sat down with her legs crossed and started to inspect the books.

Several of them were just supernatural encyclopedias that were tempting to read but Aliza was still pretty disoriented to do that. She arranged them alphabetically. Next was notebooks, all filled with notes. Aliza mindlessly flipped through the pages, stacking one over the other.

A page fell on her lap from one of the notebooks. Aliza frowned, placing the book aside, she picked up the page and unfolded it.

Josie told me if I write my troubling thoughts down on a paper and burn it, I will feel better so here I am.

I miss them. I miss my family, I am aware that I don’t know much about them but it doesn’t mean I miss them any less. Mom told me about dad, stories of him, and my uncles and aunts. I remember him, not much but I remember dad teaching me how to make paint, telling me how he used to do it when he was a kid, dad calling me princess. Though not my favourite term of endearment, it made me feel special. My dad told me that I will be the greatest witch in the world but sometimes I want to give up. Everything feels so intense and burdening and that’s when I miss him even more. I wish he was here, a part of my life, helping me get through those dark days. Telling me that I am stronger than my fears, smarter than people’s baseless judgments. I wish to be a part of my family. 

“She didn’t burn it, can’t say I’m surprised.”

Aliza turned her head to see the man, sitting on the bed behind her.

“You know about her?”

The man shrugged, “I know about everyone.”

“You don’t say.” She mumbled, folding the paper and placing it back in the book.

She felt bad for Hope, she knew how comforting family could be when she was feeling down. Her family was what kept her going at the times when she thought she couldn’t keep up. Her dad was the one who taught her the value of her own opinions, her mom taught her how to not take crap from people like Kol, Vincent taught her how being kind didn’t mean being submissive or weak.

Aliza wondered what kept Klaus from reaching out for his daughter.

“How come she’s not part of the family?” 

The man said, “Nik has a lot of enemies. They would try to hurt Hope, just to get to him.”

How many people can you manage to piss off in 10 centuries?

“Hey, can I ask you something?” Aliza glanced at the man.

“Go on.”

“How are you roaming around despite being dead? I mean is something holding you back?”