Chapter Eight

I always got nervous pulling into my grandparents' large estate, parking in my designated parking spot. I decided to bring my car instead of my truck for appearance purposes.

The Colt family is very large and very rich. My father controls the old money, but everyone else has their own. Our family cares more about the historical name than the money at that point.

I stepped out of my black Mercedes Benz and flattened out my dress, looking into my window to see my reflection. I had light natural makeup on with a nude matte lip and my split dyed hair was put into two long French Braids thanks to Olivia who did it as soon as I walked into her Salon. She is always willing to help me at a drop of a dime.

"Okay Sienna, just go straight for the wine. You cannot deal with these people sober." I mumbled to myself as I walked up the path. I could hear the chatter from outside the door.

I used the knocker and checked my posture, adjusting my purse over my body.

The door opened revealing Harold, the butler of the Estate, he smiled at me as he moved aside to let me in.

"Harold! It's Thanksgiving, you should be with your family." I said softly and he chuckled.

"Don't worry Miss. Colt. I am only here for a few more hours." He said bowing making me giggle.

He walked me to the living room, announcing to me, "Miss. Sienna Colt has arrived!"

"There's my beautiful granddaughter!" My grandfather said walking over to me and pulling me into a hug.

"Hi, grandfather!" I smiled lightly, my eyes landed on my cousin Abigale as she walked past me, putting a glass of red wine in my hand and my eyes widened.

Aunt Carol must already be here.

I felt my grandfather move his head closer to my ear and he whispered, "If Carol tries to start something, let me know."

I had a long history with Aunt Carol. She's very traditional and is obsessed with keeping our family name clean and perfect. When I started my YouTube Channel she was livid, but her dislike towards me comes from long before then.

"Don't worry, I'll just deal with it the same way Dimitri does," I say pulling away from him, showing him the wine glass making him burst out laughing.

"You are something else, Sienna." He said before finding another family member to talk to.

I took a sip of the wine Abigale poured me and smiled at other family members who were most likely staring at my hair.

"I got bored of the light brown," I explained to them and they nodded understanding, before turning back to their previous conversation.

I rolled my eyes and drifted over to Abigale, "Thank you for the drink." I told her and she nodded.

"My mother went to the powder room just before you walked in, all she's been talking about is seeing you again, so I thought I would make it a bit better for you." She admitted and I groaned.

"I get it, I suck," I mumbled, sipping the rest of the drink and handing the glass to one of the servers working for my grandparents.

"You don't suck, Sienna, my mother does." She said with a sigh, leaning against the wall making me chuckle.

"I'm surprised we were both invited, especially after what happened last year." I pointed out as my eyes scanned the crowd.

"She apologized to grandfather and my guess is he went, "I'm too old for your shit, Caroline." So he dismissed it."