Chapter 11

It's Monday again and all I can think about is smoking. I sound like an addict, but I'm not.

I'm about to walk to my locker but I see Louis there. Do I walk there and just ignore him? Who am I kidding... he won't make it easy, not even a little bit.

Well, I don't care to grab the book anyway. I walk straight to my next class and I'm glad Nicole doesn't take this class.

I find two empty seats. If anyone sits near me, I swear...

As I am speaking, a girl is sitting next to me. At least it's not Nicole.

I don't know this blonde girl, I have never seen her before. She should have sat somewhere else. There are many empty seats.

I want to get more joints but I don't know how to contact Derek. Maybe I should just ask Dominic. I search for my phone in my backpack.

Veronica: Hey. Do you have any other joints?

He replies so quickly. Sometimes it feels like he would do anything to talk to me.

Dominic: I don't, you could ask Derek but I doubt he would give you anything, at least not for free.

"Veronica Reeves, can you stop using the phone?" the teacher yells at me and I slightly jump, I even forgot I was still in class.

What does it mean that he won't give them to me? Does he sell them? The first ones were just "samples"?

I don't have any money on me, my parents rarely give me anything and I could never ask them for anything after how I treated my mom.

The bell rings and before I try to walk out, that blonde girl stops me.

"Uhm, can we talk?" She seems uncomfortable. Who is she and what does she want?

"S-sure."

"Did you work at Kaylee's Cafeteria?"

"I did... why?" I ask disoriented. How does she know that?

"I was wondering why did you stop?" she asks.

"I..." I stop myself realizing I shouldn't tell a stranger anything, "I don't think this is your business." She seems taken back by my blunt response.

I walk away. She doesn't try to stop me again. This was weird.

Who is she?

~

I walked to Shanice's house, it was quite far but I don't care, hopefully, I'll find Derek.

I ring the doorbell and after a few minutes, Shanice opens the door.

"You?" She raises her right eyebrow and she already seems annoyed by my presence.

"I am looking for Derek," I say.

"Look somewhere else." She tries to close the door but I stop it.

"Wait!" I raise my voice.

"You're a freak, aren't you?" She pauses. "Derek isn't home, so get your ass out of here." She hisses at me and I roll my eyes. I don't have time for this bitch.