38| Together

We drop Flynn off at the apartment. His mother, Chelsea, is already standing in front of the building when we arrive there.

"Mommy!" Flynn gets out of the car and runs into Chelsea's arm.

"My boy." Chelsea hugs him tightly before ruffling his hair. "I'm so sorry that I had to make you wait today."

Sadness crosses her expression, but Flynn doesn't look upset anymore. At all.

"I had so much fun with Lais and Jake." Flynn grins. "We went to the amusement park.

Chelsea turns to me and Jake. "I'm sorry for troubling both of you." She sounds guilty, and I shake my head in disagreement.

"Not at all." I smile softly. "We really had a great time and enjoyed it. It was fun, just like he said. Right, Flynn?"

An even bigger grin creeps on Flynn's face, and Chelsea sighs, lifting Flynn in her arms.

"Thank you so much," she says to me and Jake. A warm small forms on her lips, and I nod before she walks off toward the apartment.

Silence falls for a while inside the car before Jake breaks it.

"It's been a long day, isn't it?" he asks, and I agree. The night has fallen, so I wonder what we're going to do next.

I hope that this isn't the end of the day for us -- I still want to spend more time with him. It's crazy because we actually meet almost every day.

"Do you want to go to my house?" Jake asks, making me turn to look at him. "We can chill and watch some movies there." He smiles.

And I stare at him. I don't know why my heart is suddenly beating so fast. "Yeah, sure."

When we arrive at Jake's house, he lets me use the bathroom inside his bedroom to take a shower, while he also cleans himself up

And I do have a nice shower -- the full day activity in the amusement park was quite tiring, and it feels so good to have warm water relaxing my muscles.