103

"DEATON" Faline bangs on the door to his clinic. "DEATON OPEN UP"

"Faline?" Deaton asks, spotting the rain-soaked young girl. "What's going on? Are you hurt?"

"No, I'm fine but Deaton you gotta help us," Faline says, pulling her shirt from sticking to her body. "Kate's a were-jaguar and we found Derek but it's not exactly Derek. I mean it is but- You'll see"

"Right come on," Deaton says and the pair run inside.

Faline helps Deaton clear the table as Scott, Lydia and Stiles place Derek down.

"Wow," Deaton says, looking at the young-ened Derek.

"Wow?" Stiles asks. "Wow as in, I've seen this before and know exactly what to do, kind of wow? 'Cause that's the kind of wow we were hoping for"

"I think you might be overestimating my abilities," Deaton says.

"He's cold," Lydia says. "Really cold"

"Do you think this is permanent?" Scott asks.

"I'm not sure a medical diagnosis is even adequate," Deaton says, shining a flashlight into Derek's eyes.

"I read about this" Faline says. "It's an age regression ritual. Derek won't remember any of us, his memories will be those of young Derek's"

"He remembered you," Stiles says.

"But he's going to be confused how I am now years older than what he remembers," Faline says.

"We'll come up with something," Stiles says.

"This is well beyond my experience," Deaton says. "Is there anything in your grimoire on how to reverse this?"

"No," Faline says. "If I get my hands on the ancestor's grimoire there might be"

"Great so where is it?" Stiles asks.

"I'm not sure," Faline says. "It's been missing for over sixteen years"

"What do we do with him?" Stiles asks.

"Until he wakes up?" Deaton asks. "Probably not much. It might be best to leave him with me. He'll be safe here"

"You mean from Kate?" Stiles asks.

"If she's alive and she's what Faline says she is, she won't be able to walk past that gate," Deaton says.

"Why would she want to do this to him?" Faline asks. "There's got to be a reason, something she wants. An ulterior motive of some kind. There's got to be something"

"Knowing Kate," Deaton says. "It's probably for a reason that won't be any good for anyone but her-"

"And bad for everyone else," Stiles says.

"I hate to say this" Faline says. "But we may need to talk to Peter"

"What, why?" Stiles asks.

"He'd know why Kate wanted a fifteen-year-old Derek right?" Faline says. "What does young Derek have in common with Kate that old Derek doesn't" Faline clicks her fingers. "He doesn't know about the fire or the fact that Kate lit it, killing most of his family"

"You're right" Scott gasps.

"She usually is," Lydia says, shooting her best friend a smirk.

"You guys should probably go home," Deaton says. "He doesn't look to be in any danger. So maybe the rest of you should get some sleep? It is a school night. You all need to start taking care of your own lives again"

"Someone should stay with you," Scott says.

"I'll stay," Lydia says with a small shoulder shrug. "My grades are fine, despite missing a few classes"