106

Faline walks with Scott and Stiles towards the lacrosse field.

"Of course you're still the team captain," Stiles says.

"Except for the fact, you're never here for practice," Faline says.

"You got your grades up just like Coach told you to, right?"

"But they're slipping again," Faline says.

"Can you just be helpful?" Stiles asks his girlfriend.

"He never told me I was back on the team," Scott says. "He just told me to show up to tryouts today"

"We got bigger things to deal with anyway," Stiles says. "Did you tell Argent yet?"

"I texted him but he didn't get back to me," Scott says.

"You told him his sister Kate came back from the dead over a text?" Faline asks. "I thought being dumped over text was bad news"

"I didn't have the money to call France," Scott says.

"Yeah, you think you go money problems?" Stiles says. "Try paying for an MRI and a visit to Eichen House"

"Another notice?" Scott asks.

"Yeah and this one says 'Final'" Stiles says.

"They won't let me put a penny forward," Faline says. "So I buy groceries and stuff"

"What the hell are we even doing here anyway?" Stiles asks. "We got like a hundred and fifty-two million problems and worrying about our status on the lacrosse team is not one of them"

"It is now," Scott says.

Faline turns and watches as a boy catches every shot.

"You should start worrying" Faline laughs.

"Who the hell is that?" Stiles asks.

"I don't know but if I was his age or his blonde friend-" Faline begins and Stiles nudges her.

"Thank you for that self-esteem boost," Stiles says. "Maybe we should just practice a little bit"

"Your mom called me Scott," Faline says. "I'm going to go to the hospital and see what she wants. Then I'm doing some more volunteer work, school approved. See you in a bit"

Faline presses a kiss to Stiles' lips and he quickly kisses back.

"See you later" Faline wiggles her fingers before walking away.

"Self-esteem boosted" Stiles sighs.

Faline walks into the hospital with a bag of Chinese food in her hand.

"Faline is that-" Melissa asks.

"Your favorite Chinese order? Yes, it is" Faline says.

"Thank you" Melissa groans.

"So this is the genius I keep hearing about," A tall man next to Melissa says.

"This is Faline," Melissa says. "I'm going to go home, eat this and put my feet up"

"Sounds like a plan" Faline laughs before turning to the doctor. "Faline Michaels"

"Dr. Geyer"

The trio looks up when a boy Faline recognized from school as Sean Walcott opens the doors and places a bloody hand against the door. He opens the door and collapses, Faline runs over to him.

"Sean, are you alright?" Faline asks. "Where are you hurt?"

"My arm" Sean groans.

"Right," Faline says and places one of Sean's arms over her shoulders and Geyer gets the other side.