115

Faline, Scott, Stiles, Malia, and Kira are stood outside the examination room for the PSATs.

"Why are you here?" Stiles asks his girlfriend. "Didn't you ace this like three years ago?"

"I enjoy watching people squirm" Faline grins, making eye contact with a very pale Sydney. "Besides I need to beat last year's score"

"Where's Lydia?" Kira asks, looking at her friend disturbed.

"She took it her freshman year with Faline," Stiles says. "Unlike Faline, Lydia doesn't enjoy other people's pain"

"Does that mean I could have taken it some other time?" Malia asks looking between her friends.

"Malia" Scott says. "You studied harder for this than any of us"

"Doesn't mean I'm going to do good" Malia says, waving her hands around.

"Well," Stiles says and Faline nudges him.

"Well, what?" Malia asks.

"It's do well not do good," Stiles says.

"Oh god," Malia says throwing her head back.

"You're meant to bolster her," Faline says. "Show her support"

"You're doing this" Scott says. "Because while we're trying not to die we still need to live"

"That was sickening" Faline places a hand on her stomach for emphasis. "Bleugh"

"If I survive high school I'd like to go to college," Scott says nudging his friend. "A good college"

"It's only three hours," Kira says. "We can survive three hours"

"Ah, I'm going enjoy this" Faline says. "Any bets on who'll pass out? My money is on Sydney"

"You're evil," Stiles says. "Five bucks on James"

"Oh I know," Faline says, pressing her thumb in the ink. "But you're on"

"Faline why are you here?" Miss Martin asks.

"I'm trying to beat my personal best," Faline says.

"You were two marks away from full marks last time" Miss Martin says.

"I'm aiming for full marks this time," Faline says, placing her phone in a zip lock bag before grabbing a pencil.

"Please do not open the test booklet"

Stiles quickly closes the paper and Faline snickers to herself.

"Until you are instructed to do so. This test is two hours and ten minutes. There will be two twenty-five-minute critical reading sections. Two twenty-five-minute math sections and an essay writing portion that'll last thirty minutes. There's supposed to be two teachers monitoring this exam?"

"I know" Miss Martin says. "It's Coach he's not exactly punctual. I'll just try him again"

Miss Martin leaves the room before returning quickly without coach.

"I can ask Mr. Yukimura, he's upstairs grading papers," Miss Martin says.

"We have to start. We'll ask for his assistance during first break" The teacher says. "You may now open your test booklets and begin"

Scott seems to know the answers and is quickly filling in the bubbles on his answer sheet, stopping ever so often to think. Stiles seems surprised by one of the questions while Malia seems stumped by the whole process, staring at her paper with wide eyes. Faline lazily bubbles answers as Malia glares at her, jealous of her ease. All of a sudden Sydney falls out of her chair. Faline snorts clamping a hand over her mouth.