116

Mr. Yukimura stays upstairs as the teenagers rush to find the Hale vault entrance from inside the school.

"Hey, guys," Stiles says. "Over here"

Stiles and Scott move the shelves to reveal the entrance to the Hale vault

"Look at the cracks in the wall," Stiles says.

"It's like the entrance outside, it only opens with claws," Faline says pressing a hand against the wall to keep herself steady.

"Anyone's claws right?" Stiles says and Faline subtly shakes her head her eyes flicking in Malia's direction.

"Malia, can you try?" Scott says.

"Why me?" Malia asks.

"I don't have control," Scott says, showing Malia his clawless hands.

"Okay, I'll do it," Malia says. "But first tell me what you've been hiding from me. I know you think you're trying to protect me but I can handle it" There's a silence as everyone tries to find the words. "I know I'm on the list"

"Yes," Stiles says.

"So how much?" Malia asks.

"How much what?" Stiles asks.

"How much am I worth?" Malia asks.

"Four million," Scott says.

"Are you okay?" Faline asks Malia.

"Yeah, Scott's worth twenty-five, Faline is thirty-five, Kira's six. They'll take you guys out way before me"

"It's progress," Stiles says. "It's progress"

Malia opens the vault and they all head inside and Faline falls into Stiles.

"Whoa, hey you okay?" Stiles asks taking in the lack of color in his girlfriend's face and the sweat forming on her head.

"I don't feel too good Stiles," Faline says, as Stiles slowly lowers them to the ground. He puts his knee up before resting an arm under Faline's head the other hand gently stroking her face.

"How are you feeling?" Stiles asks.

"I'm cold" Faline whispers.

Stiles shrugs off his jacket before helping Faline put it on before he pulls her to his chest, stroking her hair.

"You know this is where it all started," Stiles says as Faline's body shakes with the force of her coughs. "That's where the money was. A hundred and fifty-two million in bearer bonds"

"How do you even change bearer bonds into cash?" Kira asks.

"The bank I guess," Stiles says. "They just let it sit there the whole time collecting dust. You know bearer bonds are basically extinct?"

"Why does it matter?" Kira asks.

"You know how many problems that money could solve?" Stiles rubs a comforting hand on his girlfriend's back after a particularly harsh set of coughs racks her body before her eyes close again.