276

Here's another one since you've been so patient with my updates lately. I know I've slowed down on my updating patterns but I'm struggling a lot right now with school. Haven't been there for three weeks so I'm really struggling with trying to get up in the morning and get out of the door. Then I have to deal with my mum coming home from work and being angry with me for not going to school so that really tires me out.

Though I really do try and write as much as possible but you know... with depression I'm tired most of the time so it can get quite hard to find the motivation and even find any ideas for what to write.

Also, the first 'One and Only' story has 350k readers and I can't wrap my head around how crazy that is. Another 150k and we hit half a million. That's a lot of people.

Now, I hope you enjoy chapter 276 which doesn't really have much content but neither does most of my chapters these day. I'll try to do better on that part!

I love you all and thank you for the continuing support!!!

-

"This was not supposed to happen." I heard dad complain to uncle Fred in the kitchen while I sat around the dining table in the family room. Grandma had indeed baked some chocolate chip cookies so I sat here, dipping them in tea and eating them. She sat with me by the table. She did what she had always done when her grandchildren were sad. She told stories about our parents when they were kids. She just talked to get us to think about anything else and right now I was the one she tried to get on other thoughts. "He was supposed to be stuck in Azkaban for another four months and then afterwards he was supposed to leave her alone and never see her again. Vivi is supposed to be allowed to be a child and not have to worry about shit like this."

Uncle Bill and Uncle Charlie were here too. Uncle Charlie decided to come home from Romania when he heard the news about Luke and Uncle Bill had agreed with Aunt Fleur that being here was the right thing for now while she was home. In three months, the school year would end and their kids would have to go home for the summer so she was there, making sure that they had a parent to come home to.

My own siblings would spend the summer with Uncle Bash and Uncle Emmett in East Ireland where they lived with my two cousins Aubree and Kara.

"George." I heard Uncle Fred try to calm my dad down. "You need to relax. I know that everything that is happening right now is fucking scary but you need to be there for your daughter instead of filling yourself with anger."

"You don't even have a relationship with your own fucking daughter." I heard my father snap, causing my grandma to become quiet as her attention inverted to their conversation. Uncle Fred didn't reply. "I'm sorry, Freddie. I didn't mean that."

"No. You're right but that was out of my control. I got killed and then I woke up eighteen years later. Can you imagine what that's like? Waking up in your own grave, being buried six feet under the ground? When I got up, I didn't even know that eighteen years had passed. I assumed it had been a few days, maybe a couple months and then I found out that all my siblings had moved on with their lives, including you. You and Lizzie suddenly had six kids where the oldest was in his last year of Hogwarts and then I discovered that Deanne Ravens, the girl I was madly in love with back in school had moved on too but that she had my child nine months after the war, that I have a daughter who had to grow up without me and then... then I was told that my daughter calls another man dad and that she doesn't want to have that dad-daughter relationship because she already has a dad. I understand that you are in pain right now, that you are scared for the sake of Vivi but don't bring me or my daughter into this because according to Lexi, I'm not her father. I was the sperm donor who died. I lost everything during the war, George. I lost my girlfriend, I lost my daughter, my family, all my friends. I missed out on so much. You know, One of the things I looked mostly forward to in the future after the war, was getting to see you and Lizzie raise kids because I knew you'd make great parents."

His voice was distant as he tried to keep it down but I got every single word of it and when he left the kitchen, his eyes landed on grandma and I, but he smiled.

"I'll get myself some fresh air." he said and grabbed his jacket from the wall. "Mum, I hope you're not telling too embarrassing stories of George and Lizzie. There're a lot."

He left the house and I looked at grandma who simply shook her head and sent me an assuring smile. "Don't worry about those two, dear. They're twins. Can't stay mad at each other for too long. You know that from your relationship with Sammy, right?"

I nodded.

"Yeah. When Sammy and I fight we never stay mad for long." I confirmed. "Isn't it weird? How twins tend to have a stronger bond than regular siblings?"

"I don't think so." Grandma shook her head as I took a sip of my tea. "Twins share a womb. They've been together since they were conceived."

I shrugged.

She was right about that. I guess it made sense. Sammy and I shared a womb and we have spent almost every moment together since we were born. It was the same with dad and Uncle Freddie before he died for eighteen years.

"Alright." Grandma let out a breath as she stood up. "I'll take your bags up to uncle Percy room where you'll be sleeping. It's the one closest to your parents."