The Emergency Exit

CHAPTER THIRTYThe Emergency Exit

CHAPTER THIRTY
The Emergency Exit

CHOI JISOO

"What the hell was that?" Taehyung glared at me once the front door shut.

"What do you mean?" I glowered back with equal fervour.

"Why did you have to be so rude to her?"

"She was trying to flirt with you! Be glad I saved you from that pretentious woman!"

"Why do you care if she flirts with me or not?" His tone went up.

"What do you mean, why? I care about you, Taehyung! But you're the one that's been pretending like I don't exist!" And so did my voice.

"NO, I DON'T! Besides, why are you here? Aren't you supposed to be with Jungkook watching a movie or something?"

"I came to TALK TO YOU! But looks like I interrupted your precious little time with Kim Yeji!"

"THERE IS NOTHING FOR US TO TALK ABOUT! And just because you don't like Yeji, it doesn't mean you get to boot her out of MY HOUSE!"

"Oh, SO NOW YOU'RE BEING PROTECTIVE OVER HER!? AND DON'T YOU DARE INVOLVE JUNGKOOK IN THIS!"

"AND WHY NOT? YOU'RE DONE WITH ME SO YOU'RE HAVING FUN WITH HIM NOW?"

"How dare you..." my voice wavered, "He is the only person who seems to remember that I'm human too."

Taehyung scoffed, unamused.

"Wow, Kim Taehyung! I didn't know you were childish enough to act like a brat because I didn't reciprocate your emotions!" I heaved as I felt my face burn with fury, "Oh, you know what? I'm a fool. Because I thought I could actually confess my feelings to you."

"You what...?" Taehyung's anger quickly dissipated into a perplexed look laced with worry.

"But guess what? I'm glad I didn't because I don't wish to be WOUND UP WITH AN IMMATURE, SELFISH JERK LIKE YOU! TO HELL WITH YOU AND YOUR PETTINESS!"

I masked the sting I felt when I saw his pained frown before spinning around and shuffling out of the apartment, leaving Taehyung by himself.

The moment I stepped out, I felt my eyes turn blurry as I felt needles of tears stinging my eyes. Sniffling, I wandered with no destination in mind. I didn't want to see Jungkook because I didn't have it in me to explain what had just happened.

I just... didn't want to be here anymore...

KIM TAEHYUNG

A couple of hours passed by, and the only way I spent it was by speculating over what Jisoo said before leaving.

Maybe I was a little harsh on her...