12

"You're wrong"
-
-
-

He catches up to me with a few easy strides.

Stupid, long-legged, beautiful, funny, wonderful-

What the hell is wrong with me? I seriously need to get a grip if I'm gonna play this right.

"Did I make you nervous?" He laughs.

I continue walking straight forward, pretending not to hear him.

He moves my set of books over to his other arm, and places his unoccupied hand on my shoulder gently, to stop me from walking.

He uses his hand to turn my face towards him, and he tilts my head up so we lock eyes.

"Has anyone ever told you how stunning your brown eyes are?" He asks in a genuine voice that makes my heart flutter.

"Yeah, thanks," I scoff as I shove his hand off and continue walking forward.

"Did I say something wrong?" He asks confused.

I stop in my tracks.

"No Ced, that's the problem. Everything you say is right, and everything you do is perfect," I say as if it's the most obvious thing in the world.

He laughs.

"How is that a problem?"

"Because you're driving me crazy, damnit! Do you not see what you're doing to me? I don't appreciate having my feelings toyed with. I know you don't feel anything for me like I do for you, but in case you haven't realized, it's really not fun when the person you like drives you crazy and deep down you know they're just gonna ghost you one day, or find someone better," I blurt out.

I did not just say that. I know damn well I did not just say that out loud to him.

I bury my head in my hands to hide my scarlet red face.

What the hell is wrong with me? It's as if I have no filter! How could I say all of that out loud? He probably ran off, there's no way he's gonna stick around after hearing what an obsessive, crazy, fangirl I am.

"I know I did not just say that out loud," I say under my breath.

I feel his hand pry away mine, covering my face.

"I don't like it when you cover your pretty face," he says in a soft voice.

Ugh, did he not just hear what I said?

"Please Cedric, stop complimenting m-"

"Beautiful, beautiful, Bella. Wonderful, extraordinary, ethereal, gorgeous, witty, sarcastic, amazing Bella," he cuts me off with a wide smile on his face.

I scowl.

"Maxwell, do you not remember what I told you at the World Cup? I'm not like these other boys who have toyed with you. I honestly don't know what I did to give you the impression that I'm just playing with you, or that I'm not genuinely interested, but please stop putting words into my mouth, because I promise you,"

He, once again, leans down to my ear.

"You're wrong," he breathes.

Goosebumps rise on my ear where his cool breath swept across.

I turn my head towards him and our faces are just centimeters away. I smell his firewood and Axe cologne, which seems to put me in a trance. His beautiful eyes look down at my lips and back up, and he subconsciously moves his hand to the side of my face gently, as he pulls me a little closer so our lips are just millimeters apart.