- 𝟓𝟗

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

     ROSALINE PLOPPED herself on the staircase, beginning to load every gun with the right ammo. if they were going to fight, guns had to be loaded.

     daryl approached her, planting himself beside her, their shoulders briefly touching.

     the girl turned to look at him out of the corner of her eye, "you okay?"

     "mhm," he nodded biting his thumb, "don't want you to get hurt. anyone."

     she leaned her head on his shoulder, "we can do this, dare."

     "i know." daryl murmured.

     "i'm worried too, but we can do this, okay?" she promised, offering him a reassuring smile, "this place, all of us. we're a family."

     the girl cupped his cheek with her hands, giving him a kiss and fixing his messy hair, making a comment about how long it was becoming.

     he gazed at her before staring down at his feet. it made him feel happy, and a much bigger urge to protect her more than anything.

     daryl didn't say much, but enjoyed her company, helping her load the guns. he wished he could say more, rosaline understood him though. when the marksman was stressed, he didn't talk much.

     they sat doing that for a few minutes until rick came and asked for daryl. rosaline offered to come with, but was told to stay put. usually, she'd be invited to important talks.

     she raised a brow at carol who shrugged. the girl stood up, going over to her, and took judith into her arms, figuring that she could use some dinner.

     the baby cooed and blabbed some incoherent sounds, making the girl smile gently. beth passed her the bottle, letting rosaline place it to the baby's mouth, letting her suckle.

     her eyes scanned the cafeteria. there was no sign of rhaegar, her eyes landed on carol, "where's rhaegar?" she queried.

     the woman nodded to the door, "carl took him outside to start making some noise. he and maggie wanted to clear some of the walkers in the field. glenn, daryl, and michonne are on it too."

     "alright, that's fine then." rosaline nodded. it was good that rhaegar was being put to work; sometimes he spent more time in the cell block than outside anymore and he needed the exercise.

     after rosaline had burped judith, the girl started to hum a little lullaby quietly to get her to sleep. merle was up on the perch in the cafeteria, staring out the window.