68 ➳ What Did You Do?

RUNNING 

FOR MILES

Something that I have learned about people is that if they do something once, they'll without a doubt do it again, and again, and again. No matter how many times you yell for them to stop, no matter how many times you tell them how much it hurts you.

They will always manage to do it again.

For the second time in my lifetime, I have laid beneath Boston, only like the other time it wasn't because I wanted to. It was due to my arms being bound and the hurting pain in my lower body which was caused by him.

Again, I lay there, numb. 

Numb to the world. Numb to every painful thrust. Numb to his touch. Numb to the words he threw at me about how much he loved me and how good I felt to how much of a slut I was and that I will never escape him again.

I also felt so emotionless and drained. Mostly drained, drained of ever being able to feel a thing ever again, or until I am able to allow myself to heal properly but that could take years and years as this has got to be the worst thing he has ever done.

This is the last straw. I can't keep going through shit like this, I hate it and I hate this vile world. I just want to leave it and never ever come back to it ever again. Maybe I will, maybe it's time to free myself of all of this hurt.

Maybe it's time for me to just jump into the lake and hope to god that something pulls me down to the very bottom of the lake.

Making my final decision and deciding that my time is finally up and that I am going through with my plan to just go to the lake and jump into it.

Slowly I got up and started to put on my clothes, not before wiping a small patch of blood off of my leg. I then crept out of the room and ran down the stairs. Boston had left me to go clean himself up in the bathroom so it should give me some time to figure out how to get out of here.

"Eden?" a voice asked as they caught my wrist.

I looked into a pair of green eyes, Truman. Ignoring him I shoved him out of my way as I ran towards Nate's front door where I then slammed it closed behind me as I ran up his gravel driveway, hoping that Truman won't tell Boston, not until I find a way to get away from here.

As I started to walk faster as tears rolled down my face, I was in pain and I just wanted it all to end, I'm so sick of shitty things like this happen to good people like me. I'm broken out of my slight thoughts and tears when I then hear car tyers crunching on the gravel behind me as the headlights shine through the dark driveway. 

"Need a lift?" Truman asked as he yelled through the car and out the window toward me.

At the end of the day, I needed a lift, no matter who it was from but Truman? It's risky as I know all too well that he has probably talked to Boston about me leaving. So, I don't think it's a wise idea to get into the car with him.

"He doesn't know." he said taking a breath, "But hell catch on soon if you don't make up your mind." he stated truthfully as he looked over his shoulder back toward the party.

Fuck it, I need to get out of here.

I nodded my head as I tried to stop my lip from quivering, "Yes please."

Instantly I took a step or two towards his car and hopped into the passenger side door where I put on my seatbelt. Truman smiled softly as he then pressed his foot onto the gas pedal and we started to move up and out of where Nate lived.