33

You stayed at the hospital another few days.

Most of your classmates came to visit you- one time even all together-
Momo and the girls bringing you tea and talking with you for a while. Kirishima and Kaminari talking your ear off, telling you how cool you looked on tv fighting Todoroki and Bakugo.

Speaking of, those two visited a lot.

Shoto came in the mornings, late at night to have dinner with you.
Nurses even let him pay to sleep in the bed next to yours since you weren't used to that.

Bakugo though...
Well.
There was always a different excuse for why he'd shown up.
Forgot his jacket the first day. Had to bring you schoolwork you missed because Aizawa made him the next. Funny those excuses always seemed to cultivate right as school ended every single day.

You never teased him about it though.
You just enjoyed his grumpy, albeit calm, company. His subtle signs of relief as the swelling in your body went down and you got a little better everyday. Even his grumbling.
Watching him do his homework and study in the chair beside you felt oddly comforting too. He probably knew that. That's probably why he kept coming back. Well, that and for his jacket, of course...

When no one was around however, it was hard to contain your will to escape. More than once the nurse had to guide you back to your room because you were wandering around, justifying your actions saying "I'm bored" or "I want to see if I can find a wheelchair and roll down the hall".

Eventually, they realized you were just fine and Fuyumi picked you up with Shoto.

Fuyumi was 19 now, so she was allowed to be there in Endeavor's stead when the doctor gave you all the debrief. You were thankful for that. Even if you were never allowed to get to know her too well, she was kind enough to take care of you when you needed it. She loved her dad, despite his mistakes, wanted reconciliation above a continued grudge, but she knew the toll his influences had on you and Shoto- on you two's relationship. She watched the festival after all.

It made her want to step up- for you and Shoto both.

So she came to see you everyday, spoke to you, tried for a relationship she'd been wanting to try for a long time but never had the courage to try for.
It was odd at first, but there was so much of Rei in her attitudes, her voice.
It was... almost familial, almost natural- getting to know her like a sister.

Least to say, once you decided you liked Fuyumi, it was hard to tear you away from her.
So she sat with you during the debrief- Shoto too obviously.

You kind of ignored the doctor as she spoke though.
Sat between Fuyumi and Shoto- childishly played with the strap of Fuyumi's purse instead of paying attention.

They were talking about your health, your physical state, what happened during the festival, everything.
You cared, but it was kind of stressful to listen to.
Easier to dissociate and think about going to shops like Fuyumi promised rather than your physical wellbeing whatever the heck that was...

Pretty straightforward injuries to report.
Severe, but not-permanent nerve damage.
Surgery had to be performed on your sinuses to take care of the bleeding.
Bone bruising, pretty much everywhere.
Internal organs were okay- in fact- it seemed like they were the most protected parts of your body- everything else sacrificed in the process.

Your ears took irreparable damage.
With the hearing aids you'd get 80-90% of your normal hearing back, but without them... well less than 10%.
Okay. Cool. No ringing then, right?

No.
The no ringing was a product of something else.

Your quirk, in its panic, destroyed many of your own tissues, put them back together, but in the process, destroyed much of itself as well.