chapter twelve - lingerie and hotel rooms.

STOLEN GLANCES and accidental touching was all she received from Aaron the entire time they were out of town

STOLEN GLANCES and accidental touching was all she received from Aaron the entire time they were out of town. She was beyond confused; how could he say all that and then just not talk to her for four days? She didn't know what was going on in his mind, but she had to find out, and she had a plan.
Their case ended late in the night so the team was forced to stay another sleepless night in the hotel. Ophelia took this opportunity to hopefully get Aaron to say what he was really thinking. She always wore particularly revealing pajamas, and luckily, she packed a black set of tame lingerie; just a black silk dress and matching bra and underwear. As she slipped the silk fabric over her body, a memory flashed in her mind. Aaron's hands pulling her dress off. She shivered, not sure if she should be regretting that moment or smiling at it. Regardless of that thought, she strode out of her hotel room in the same attire, well aware that if a member of the team were to see her, her and Aaron would definitely be caught. As quickly as she could, she knocked on the door she knew he would be close behind. His pounding footsteps trailed towards the door and she knew she had remembered the room number correctly. The door cracked open, and there stood Aaron, plaid pajamas, messy hair, and all. Once he saw what she was wearing, he grabbed her wrist and yanked her into his room before she could greet him.
"Someone's excited—" He cut her off.
"What are you doing? Someone could've seen you," He exclaimed quietly as to not alert anyone on the floor, throwing his hands up in disbelief.
"But they didn't," She smirked, stepping towards him. He looked her up and down, wishing with every once of his body that he could indulge in her. He pressed his forehead to hers, trailing his hand down her arm and holding on gently to her wrist.
"I can't," He breathed, closing his eyes. Ophelia put her hand to his cheek.
"Why not? It's not like they'll hear us—"
"No, Ophelia," He removed her hand from his face. "I can't," She didn't like hearing him say her name like that. "I'm not ready," This was the first time he had fully admitted it to himself.
"Oh," She quickly withdrew her whole body, leaving him there, empty. "I understand," She turned to leave when Aaron stopped her, a gentle hand on her shoulder.
"Ophelia," It didn't feel the same anymore, it was ruined. "You're everything, you're perfect," He continued. "I left because I couldn't help but feel like I had wasted your time enough," Her expression softened. "I thought maybe if I ignored you...I don't know," He trailed off, not sure in what else to say. Instead of leaving right away like she wanted to, Ophelia placed her hand on the side of his face once again, gently rubbing her thumb under his eye.
"You're never a waste of time, Aaron," And with that, she left him in his hotel room, still in her lingerie. As she advanced down the hallway, she felt tears prick her eyes. She heard the quiet click of Aaron's door and she finally let a tear fall down her cheek. Instead of turning to go to her own room, she found herself at Spencer's door, knocking frantically. He opened the door, looking exhausted until he realized she was crying, and then what she was wearing.
"Ophelia? What's wrong- what are you wearing?" She invited herself in, pushing him aside as she wiped away her stray tears.
"Okay, uh," He wasn't sure how to react. He locked the door behind him and gently approached her, as if getting too close would send the water works flowing. Suddenly, she launched herself into his chest and wrapped her arms around his waist.
"Woah, okay," His arms hung in the air for a moment before falling around her neck. They lingered their for a moment as Ophelia quietly sobbed into Spencer's chest.
"What happened?" He questioned gently, looking down at the top of her head.
"He said he's not ready," She choked out, her words still muffled by his t-shirt. He patted her hair, hoping that would somehow calm her.
"And I can't even be mad at him because he's totally allowed to feel that way," She started to get intangible so Spencer pulled away and cupped her cheeks.
"Hey, it's okay," He soothed, looking down at her. "What's got you so upset about him not being ready?" Her eyes were still bloodshot and teary, but her voice was less shaky.
"He said I was perfect," She sniffled. "He basically word-vomited all his favorite things about me and told me I was perfect," Spencer didn't shift his eyes off of her. "It's just not the right time," He sighed. He couldn't imagine how she was feeling.
"I'm sorry," He tucked her head back into his chest and ran his fingers through her hair. He would do it forever if that's what she wanted.