27: A Trip to The Mall

"Rin are you sure you want to join us? It's gonna be ridiculously dangerous."

"...You will need all the help you can get. If it doesn't work..."

"Then we're all gone?"

"Yeah."

"Well...we better not mess up. We will pick you up a few days after summer break."

"Okay...see you then." Rin hung up and she fell onto her couch. She looked down and a shadow covered her eyes.

"Are you sure? We have a lot to lose, what about your friends? What about Yagi?"

Rin didn't respond for a while and a tear ran down her face. Only to drop onto the cold floor.

"Others lost more...I'm just one person versus millions who lost their lives or family. And now we can get them back, as a hero I can't turn my back on this opportunity."

"Alright, let's go save half the world. Rin."

"Rin?"

"Rin, are you alright?" She heard someone asked and a hand was placed on her shoulder. Suddenly she pointed her index finger at their throat.

"Kaibutsu!?" She was finally snapped back into reality and saw she was threatening Midoriya. As soon as she saw his face she withdrew her hand and quickly apologized and forgot the staring eyes of her other classmates.

"I'm so sorry about that Zuku-kun. Reflexes."

"It's alright, Rin. Are you okay, you seem a little spaced out lately."

"It's nothing really, I just...have a lot of stuff going on right now."

Rin gave him a small smile and a cloud of gloom developed behind her. She turned around to find a depressed Kaminari, Mina, Kirishima, and Sato.

"E-Everyone, I'm looking forward to hearing all your stories of how fun camp was." Mina said while tears were threatening to fall from her eyes. Mina suddenly engulfed Rin into a hug and the pink girl sobbed into her shoulder.

"There's no need to cry." Rin patted Mina's back, trying to comfort the girl.

"Yeah, maybe there will be another sudden decision."

"I didn't think you were motivational Venom?" Rin asked while the small group looked at the inky black head.

"I'm not. You guys are just loud and annoying, so I'll do whatever it takes to shut you guys up. Even being nice."

"But, Venom is right. There's still the possibility of a last-minute twist." Midoriya said.

"They said that whoever failed the exam have to skip the training camp and live in summer school hell. We didn't pass the practicals so we're doomed. Don't you understand, Midoriya!?" Kaminari said and was about to poke the green haired boy in both his eyes. But the blondes had was suddenly stopped by black tendrils.

"Ease up, Kaminari." Rin said and let go of his hand.

"Yeah. I'm not sure I'll get to go, either. Our team only passed thanks to Mineta." Sero said and the purple haired boy was listening in on what he was saying. "I got knocked out, and since we don't know how they're scoring stuff, I might have flunked."