🌑 . . chapter eleven.

( ❑❑❑ )

❝ i regret a lot of things.❞

✧ ೃ༄*ੈ✩

( december 09, 2020. )

later that night, doyoung lazily dragged himself into their room. he represented a man under a lack of expression; disheveled jet black hair, pale lips, and heavy footsteps.

he inserted himself into the bed right after reaching its corner, his hands finding its way to gently hug raeil from behind. along with this action was him burying his face in the crook of her neck. luckily, she wasn't ticklish, so she let him be with an indifferent reaction.

from their short distance, she could get a whiff of a scent of alcohol that overtook his breath.

there is something wrong, i just know it.

after years of them being together with an undeniably strong foundation, they could assure you with the fact that most of uncertainties regarding him could only be unraveled by raeil. she knew who he was. may it be his preferences, his habits, or whatnot. and drinking on a supposedly normal day? it was far from his personal spectrum. him in this state was skeptical.

so yes, her theory of shit toppling him up had bases.

"i'm sorry, love," he mumbled, "you know i didn't mean to shut you out all of a sudden."

as much as she wanted to respond to his sweet yet sincere apology, she continued her sleeping act to avoid him from getting distracted from the introduction to a possible rant.

"i'm just so exhausted."

i know you are.

although this was the thing her assumption was built up of, hearing the words directly said by him brought an ache to her heart. the worst part (to her) was that the only thing she could do was console him with sympathy and hugs.

"i don't even know why."

doyoung stayed put for a while after those few remarks, appreciating the moment of wrapping her in his arms like his life. this alone was already enough to comfort him. he liked to think of her something so fragile. so precious. someone who carried out an irreplaceable feeling. he loved knowing the fact that his whole world was just in his arms.

and to him, it was more than enough.

 "good night."

( ❑❑❑ )