C H A P T E R 37

Lily's POV

It was the weekend and we had the gala introducing Adonis as new majority owner for the team. Adonis had been excited all week and if I'm honest I was getting excited as well.

Besides the gala this week Adonis and I had been through drama with my parents because I was spending Thanksgiving with Kiara and her friends. As soon as Kiara had offered for me to spend Thanksgiving with them I immediately jumped on board because firstly Kiara had become one of my closest friends and because I didn't want to spend it with my parents. I had told Kiara I needed a bit of time to get over myself and everything and I'll be ready at Christmas.

Lily's outfit for the football gala

Adonis had been on board with spending Thanksgiving with Kiara and her friends and Anne was meeting her parents on their world tour and joining them till after Thanksgiving.

We arrived at the gala and Adonis literally bounced out of the car and came around to open my door for me, I couldn't help but laugh at his excitement. He took my hand and kissed it and said ,'Baby, did I mention how gorgeous you look tonight.'

I looked into his eyes and there was no doubt that I was blushing. I put my hand on his chest and said ,'Well Donny you look handsome as always,' he grinned at me as I fixed his bow tie.

He took my hand once again and said ,'Let's get this over and done with so we can go home.'

We started walking and walked towards the ballroom. We walked in and Adonis my his hand on waist and motioned at a middle aged man with his eyes and said ,'That is Mr Hammond, he ended up selling me three quarters of his shares.'

I nodded as I looked in the direction of Mr Hammond where he was laughing with other couples around him. He continued from before and said ,'Those are other part owners and their partners.'

I nodded and he led us there as soon as they noticed Adonis they seemed turned their attention to us. Mr Hammond came and ahook hands with Adonis and said ,'Mr Hamilton.'

Adonis nodded with his emotionless face and he said ,'This is my girlfriend Lily Rose Hart.'

Mr Hammond put his hands on a woman's shoulder and he said ,'This is my beautiful wife Amelie.'

They looked very much in love he was excited to introduce her and glanced at her lovingly. She smiled and shook hands with me and said ,'It's nice to meet you Lily Rose Hart, I'm a big fan.'

I smiled and shyly said ,'Thank you.'

Mr Hammond looked at Adonis and said ,'Is it time?'

Adonis nodded and Mr Hammond and his wife went onto the stage as Adonis and I took a seat on the table with the other owners. The table was at the centre of the ballroom and people in the ballroom were looking at it no doubt trying to figure out what the gala was for. I actually made eye contact with Leo and he narrowed his eyes playfully at me and I just laughed.