•chapter forty six•

distant

Grey has been acting weird and almost distant after Thanksgiving and it's giving off a weird vibe. Scratch that- a while aura!

"Hey?" A hand waves over my face, causing me to snap out my thoughts.

"Girlie are you ok?" Jacob asks concerned. He crossed his elbows and gives his full undivided attention to me.

"hm?" I shake my head. "Yeah- I'm just tired" I lie. I rub a hand down my face for extra measure.

"Well, you know I'm always here." He leans back on the desk. He gives me a weary look.

Currently, we are ignoring our math teacher as whatever comes out of his mouth is either not interesting or just plain out confusing. I sent out my collage admissions and already received acceptance to two of them. After this semester school is pointless.

"Do you get what the fuck he's talking about?" Jacob asks as he looks up and down from his paper to the board with a frown on his forehead.

I giggle at his dumbfounding look. "no. not one bit."

The dismissal bell rings and I gather my stuff and mustier up the courage to power my way into not get ignored by Grey in history today. It's my fault mission.

"I'll see you later babes." Jacob walks away and waves off.

I walk down the hallway and up the stairs to history. I make my way past the door and head straight to Grey's desk. Today I am determined to not be ignored.

"Hey," I greet when I walk up. My voice is strong and doesn't betray me.

"Hey" He responds, looking down at his phone.

"Um- So why have you be-been" Spit it out V! "Um- distant?"

"distant?" He repeats slowly looking up.

I nod my head softly.

"hm, I don't know what you're talking about.." He looks again at the ground.

"Grey?" I grab his hand and it drowns mine. "Please don't drift away from me." I plea.

Guilt laces his eyes for a split second, but was cut short by Mr. Kingston interrupting.

"Better get to my seat." I say awkwardly and head towards the back with Danny and slump into my chair.

"trouble in paradise?" Danny whispers in my ear causing me to jolt.

"No." I reply sharply, completely fed up with him.

"I'll treat you right. Like a princess." He says with his pearly white shining. "I'd never leave a frown on that pretty face."

"Ha ha." I sarcastically say.

Grey doesn't even look my way. I know how protective he is and yet he doesn't do a thing. No head turn, look between or even a small glare. My heart pangs.

Grey suddenly sits up from his chair and harshly leaves the room with a door slam.

"Well, I guess Mr. Jones doesn't need a pass." Mr. Kingston looks up momentarily.

Everyone in the room chuckles and Mr. Kingston goes on reading from the history textbook.

The whole time I was spaced out and not listening at all. My mind was wrapped around Grey. The entire time. It was a bit exhausting.

Grey eventually returns and sits in his seat like some grumpy toddler after a temper tantrum. The dismissal bell rings, and I race up to his desk.

"What-Wh...Are you mad at me or something?" I grip onto his desk and lock eyes with him.

"No." He replies and breaks eye contact. He grabs his backpack and I know I have to do everything in my will to fix this weird tense, messy situation.

"Well. I don't like this attitude and we-we need to talk!" I sternly say. I sound like a mom. It's embarrassing so I blush.

Tears feel like they're about to leak out but Grey's hand catches me off guard.

His hand caresses my cheek and he looks at me fully and whole heartedly. "Treehouse nine o'clock."

••••
LIKE
COMMENT
FOLLOW
🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞