Chapter 12 - Shehnayi (شہنائی)

Hmm Hmm hmm hmm hmm hmm hmm
Munda thora, off beat hai
Par kuriyo de naal, bohat sweet hai
Dhongi sa yeh bara dheent hai
Viral hogaya yeh tweet hai

Par fool wool karne me cool
Tho bari tez karari hai
Lagan teri ki shagan teri ki humne karli tayari hai

Nachde ne sarey, Nachde ne sarey
Ral mil ke aj hil dhul ke
Layo sarey ke sarey nazarey

Her cousins and friends had choreographed a dance to the song booming in the speakers. The girls had two days of intense practice yet still managed to mismatch badly on the day.

It was the day of the baraat. Initially it was planned to hold the baraat in the Khan haveli, but Falak argued that it should be done from their side since they want to do a proper rukhsati. They came to terms that the walimah could be held there instead. The barat was being held in a lavish banquet, decorated with white and golden pieces. Which contrasted against the brides dark red outfit.

Laiba sat on the decorative, throne like seats on the stage and enjoyed her cousins and friends performances.
Her big lengha flowed over half the stage. Her hands were adorn with heavy ancient gold Karey, encrusted with diamonds and rubies. She also wore big chunky gold rings on her fingers. The long monochromatic sleeve of her deep red silk top concealed the rest of her arms. Her shoulders were draped with a maroon velvet shawl, which had patches of golden wire embroidery on it. Her neck was covered by a thick choker like gold necklace, which matched her karey. And to go with it she had a longer necklace as well. Matching her necklaces she wore big jhumkey which hung of her ears. And a delicate gold nathni in her nose, the circle of the nath was quite big but it was a light weight one, evident by its thinness, the nathni was attached to her hair with a beaded string like part to it.
Her hair was done in a mid parting and was tied in a pony tail, which from the front mimicked the look of a bun again. Placed in the parting of her hair line was a golden tika matching the earrings.
Her makeup was minimal, the only bold part being her dark red painted lips. To top of the bridal look the dupatta which matched her lengha was secured on her head with pins.

The performances were on full swing and she was thoroughly enjoying. She loved the compliments she got and was well just living the moment, not caring about being a shy bride at all. She wasn't feeling shy and didn't feel the need to act to be so too. Seeing her comforted her emotionally disturbed parents too. It helped them manage their sadder emotions and let the happy ones overpower.

Soon everyone rushed to greet the groomside who had made an appearance now. They could be heard from a mile away as they arrived in several cars. Mostly jeeps following a horse carriage in which; Arif, Bilal, Zaakir and Qirat sat in. Behind them followed jeeps of guests and also a wedding band. Beating drums and different wind instruments creating a tune. Bilal jumps out of the carriage as the wedding banquet came in view. Jumping in-front of the carriage he whistled calling some of their male cousins and friends to the front and they all began dancing.

Chotey chotey bhaiyo ke barey bhaiya
hey hey hey, he-hey
Chotey chotey bhaiyo ke barey bhaiya, aaj banenge kisi ke saiyaan
Dhol nagarey bajey shehnayiyan, jhoom ke ayin mangal ghariyan

Soon they reached the entrance to be greeted by the brides side. Arif came of the carriage and as per ritual his sisters husband (Saqib) tied the floral sehra around his head. Which contrasted against the cream boski shalwar kameez he wore with a black shawl with minimal corner embroidery. All of them were welcomed into the banquet with rows of girls throwing flower petals at them leading them to the stage.

Intekhaab✔️जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें