13

the next day jaehyun asked yiren to come over. it was yoon-oh's request for them to all hang out at a park since jaehyun was way too busy to hang out with them at the fair yesterday.

"you alright there yoon?" yiren asked from the front seat. the baby sat in his own car seat, he shifted excitedly.

"where should we stop for food?" jaehyun asked. "ooh- ice cream!" the girl answered.

the older looked at her. "i wasn't asking you" she rolled her eyes.

"yey ice cweam!" the baby shouted.

jaehyun shot the girl beside him a look. "what?"

"he's gonna have cavities because of you, he kept asking for sweet stuff because you gave him some last time" he said as he grabbed his water bottle and opened the lid.

"well- he is a kid after all" yiren shot back as she opened a small bag of skittles.

jaehyun rolled his eyes and was about to drink from the water bottle.

"what's a mommy?"

the twenty year old boy choked on his water. yiren dropped the bag of skittles from her hand causing colorful little candies landing on her seat.

"y-yoon" jaehyun coughed a bit and closed the water bottle.

"yuno's friend said yuno don't have mommy because yuno is bad-
but what is mommy?" he tilted his head sideways.

yiren bit her lip. how can he still call someone a friend when the person said something that mean?

jaehyun on the other hand felt his stomach flip. this was the first time yoon-oh had ever asked about a mommy. he was having mixed feelings, he wanted to punch the kid that said his son was bad. but he also felt bad for his son.

"well- a mommy- is someone who takes care of you together with daddy" the boy hesitated. he had no idea how to explain what a mommy was to a three year old child. heck he felt so bad for a three year old to not know what a mommy was since he never had one.

"oh- like yiwen?" his eyes grew excitedly wide.

"uh-"

"yep, i can be your mommy- if your daddy marries me" yiren cut jaehyun off, causing the boy to choke on his own saliva.

"what's that?"

"it's when-"

"okay, that's enough" he cut the girl off this time.

"then daddy should mwarry yiwen!" she shifted on his seat excitedly, throwing his hands up in the air.

jaehyun shot the girl a unamused look. she mouthed sorry in return, she was obviously kidding, but it was fun to see someone like jaehyun to look flustered.

they arrived at a park on top of the mountain. they purposely searched for a place far away from their area, incase.

but they definitely don't regret that 2 hour drive. the view was breathtaking, and the air felt different than the air in the city.

"a butterfwy!" yoon-oh ran as fast as he little legs could carry him to catch up on the blue butterfly that he saw.

"yoon don't run!" jaehyun warned. but it was too late, the baby stumbled on the ground, causing jaehyun to run to the child.

he picked him up, checking his son's his small body for scratches or injuries in the state of panic. "i told you not to run!" he clicked his tongue.