Chapter 5

They brought us dinner so I couldn't see Harry until morning. As I was eating the bland soup thoughts floated through my mind about how much I've been through. My life was far from the perfect wealthy families. I was born about 18 years ago on a rainy May morning. Life was pretty basic for a little girl. My room was a pale pink color and I always dreamed of living in a castle with a charming prince. I guess that's why I like Cinderella so much. Right now I'm living in a horrible place but one day I'll live in a beautiful castle. One day it'll be alright and I'll have a family and a beautiful husband.

My parents would wake up early in the morning and then they would work late into the night. I remember whenever I heard my parent's footsteps my face would light up with joy.

They were never home so I was taken care of at a daycare. Eventually, I would go to school and then I would walk across the street to the daycare. It wasn't that bad I actually had a few friends at the daycare. We would do crafts with a ton of bright sparkly glitter. The daycare employees probably hated the huge mess of the glitter that we created.

When I was ten tears old I was at the daycare by myself with one if the employees at around 10 p.m. My parents usually would pick me up around 8:45 p.m. on a usual day. As the hours dragged on I started to worry even more.

When I was just about to fall asleep a bright flash of lights flew into the parking lot. A man in a uniform stepped out and inched into the empty daycare. I would never forget the moment I saw the officer's expression on his face. It was a mixture of shock and disgust. I thought something more serious would have came out of his mouth. Instead, he told me about a car accident on the highway.

My uncle took me in and he was a drug addict. He whipped me and threw me down the stairs because most of the time he was either high or drunk. He never fed me so I managed to find the food my way. I stole from numerous places because I was starving. One day I couldn't take anymore of the bruises so I ran away.

I was caught stealing one time by a police officer. "What are you doing, Miss?" He asked. My whole body trembled with fear as I dropped the can of beans and the other assortment of food I stole. He snatched my hand and I wanted to punch him but it would have just have made it worse. I sat in the police the car as he drove me to a peculiar and dark place. It looked like the actual version of hell but on Earth. It seemed like one of those crazy asylums like in those horror movies. They left me at The House of Misfits and never came back. I've been stuck here for 8 years now. I felt like I would go insane at any moment from being locked up in here like this but here I am today. I'm luckily still alive and breathing.

To this day I'm still skeptical of the officer's words. My parents didn't die of a car accident at least that's what I tell myself.

It was starting to get late into the night so I cuddled up on the springy mattress. I managed to barely cover my legs with the one thin blanket they provided us. Eventually, my frigid body fell asleep as I dreamed of the bright stars and the better life.

Harry's POV

It was late into the night and my thoughts were puzzling my mind.

The cold tomato soup was lying on my mattress as zip thought . I quickly moved the watery bowl of soup off the sheets so I could get into my bed.

The thoughts I had at night were always deeper than the ones in the morning. I guess my mind functions better at night than in the morning.

The other night when I was asleep flashes of images of my parents appeared in my head. Frightening images of the blood and bodies of my parents were permanently stuck in my head. It was all just a dream, right? My parents died in a car accident not in a horrendous murder. The police ensured the 12 year old boy that was me that they died in a mere accident.

I was born 20 years ago on February 1st. My mom was very caring and compassionate towards me and my sibling Gemma. She never was home because she was always at work but I could tell she cared a great lot about us. She always wanted to ensure our safety which made her seem like an overprotective parent.

Whenever I was little I had a huge interest in singing. People would compliment me on my voice at school whenever they heard me sing in chorus.

My widowed aunt took good care of me even though she wasn't very wealthly. She made use of every penny in the house to buy something for us. When I was waiting for my Mom to come home I saw headlights. This time it wasn't my mom. Instead, a police officer approached my aunt and explained to her that they died in an accident on the highway. I sensed the officer's emotions by looking at his eyes. His eyes were full of worry and stress.

The rest of the night was silent and the only noise heard was the sobbing of my sister. I couldn't grapple the fact that they were dead. I never thought that I would be the victim of being orphan.

Now here's the reason I'm here now. My aunt had to make a trip to the grocery store so Gemma and I accompanied her. While she was shopping this mysterious man was following us down every aisle. He wasn't even shopping for some weird reason. I

As I grabbed a bunch of bananas a gunshot rang through the grocery store. My frail aunt dropped to the ground as Gemma started to panick at the sight of my aunt laying unconscious.

The anger boiled through my veins as I saw the man. I snatched a knife from the shelf in the kitchen tools aisle and I stabbed him. Right in the heart I pushed the sharp object into his chest. I punched his face the force knocking out his teeth. A employee's eyes lit up in horror as he saw me beating the man to death. Of course the empyloees called the police to the bloody scene.
Then, my sister Gemma spoke to me "Why Harry why?"

I could tell she was disappointed because I was all she had left and now I would be taken away from her.
"I was so angry at the world. I'm so sorry Gemma you'll be alright." I whispered as I comforted her broken heart.

The police arrived and they asked me a few questions about the whole situation. It was very peculiar because the officers looked at me like I was different. It reminded me of the day my parents died.

I went to court a week later and they accused me of being guilty. I knew it too so it was easy for them to make a decision. Obviously, I was sent to The House of Misfits which was where I met Mavis.

Mavis wasn't dangerous like I was. She was a misplaced angel in a horrible hell. I don't want to hurt her but I'm afraid one day I will.

"One day I will hurt Mavis either physically or emotionally and I don't want to do that to a beautiful angel like her." I thought as I slowly fell asleep to the ear piercing screams of the others.