CHAPTER XII

~ * ~

~ * ~

The non-magic user and the creature finally slept on their bed soundly and at peace after a long day.

Little did they know that the mirror in the dormitory rippled, presenting the girl with a dream only in black and white.

"Hurry and paint the roses red!" The card soldiers all chorused, holding each of their own paint brushes.

"Hurry before the flowers wither!"

"Hurry, hurry! We have to paint them all red!" The Ace of Clovers said, frantically painting the roses alongside his fellow soldier.

"Paint. . the roses?"

The entire situation was confusing for (Y/N). Clearly, all of them were painting the roses but why?

Amongst all the ruckus, a little girl stood, also just as confused as the non-magic user.

"Why do you have to paint the white roses red?" The little girl finally asked.

"Huh?" The card soldiers abruptly stopped before the two turned to her direction.

"Why you ask? The truth is we made a mistake and grew white ones." The Two of Clovers answered.

"The queen loves red. If she sees white, she will have our heads!" The Ace of Clovers exclaimed, frantically painting the roses red, praying his own shade of red, his blood, will not spill like the paint on the grass.

Although the card soldier's words were unsettling in so many ways, the girl still remained as the curious one she was and walked over to the Three of Clovers doing the same as the rest.

"Really?"

"That's right, therefore, we're painting the roses." The card solider affirmed.

And so, everything came to a close.

The magicless being then awoke in confusion, not to mention surprise as well when she found herself just outside her bedroom.

"Wasn't I just asleep in the dorm. . ?" She muttered to herself. Never did she ever sleepwalk in her life, well, until now that is. It was strange like what she dreamt of just earlier still.

"Then again, a lot of strange things happened." (Y/N) shook her head and went back to the bedroom to sit on the comfortable bed she shared with Grim.

Opening her bedside drawer, she let out a sigh full of relief that her red scrunchie was still present. Unlike her, it did not run off somewhere.

A loud knock snapped her out of her daze as the girl turned her head at the direction of the sound.

It also stirred the monster awake from his peaceful slumber as he muttered.