And I Just Didn't Understand

Jeongguk was snuggled up on the couch, watching his boyfriend's arms slip into his winter jacket and grasp the nearby scarf to wrap around himself. The television played softly in the background and the show was only a murmur to Jeongguk who felt all kinds of emotions as he watched Taehyung get ready for dinner with someone who wasn't him.

"I'll be back around nine," Taehyung told him before grabbing his keys from the counter. "There's a frozen pizza in the fridge but if you want anything else-"

"I know how to take care of myself Taehyung." Jeongguk chuckled dryly. "I'll ring the Chinese restaurant in about half an hour. They're quick to deliver."

Taehyung smiled at him. "My little one is all grown up."

"I don't have daddy issues so skip the fatherly talk," Jeongguk grumbled before tugging the blanket over his shoulders.

"Is my darling grumpy tonight?" Taehyung tutted, stepping into the living room. "Is it because I'm having dinner with Seokjin?" He halted in front of Jeongguk who avoided all eye contact with him.

"No," Jeongguk whined when the other ruffled his hair. "I'm fine."

Taehyung didn't believe him but smiled nonetheless at the baby boy's behavior. "If there's any tiramisu at the restaurant I'll be sure to order it and bring it home for you."

"Thank you." the younger smiled when his boyfriend bent down to give him a kiss.

"I'll be home soon. Don't pout darling."

Jeongguk would be pouting nonetheless, it was a habit he did often. The moment Taehyung stepped outside and Jeongguk was left alone, he slipped out his phone. He tapped the latest contact and heard the rings go on for two, three times before a voice spoke up.

"Hoseok!" He yelled out enthusiastically.

The boy on the other end of the life laughed. "Hey Gguk, what is it?"

"Are you busy at the moment?"

Hoseok clicked his tongue. "I'm home alone and have no friends but you, what do you think?" Jeongguk rolled his eyes at his friend's words and turned to lie on his back.

"I'm lonely. Wanna hang out?" He whined. "I don't want to be alone tonight."

"Taehyung has his date with Mr. New friend today, hasn't he?" Hoseok guessed, having remembered the story Jeongguk told him a few days ago.

The boy frowned. "Shut up, it's not a date. Anyway, do you want to hang out or not? I'm going to order food soon."

"Is Jeon Jeongguk implying to offer me food? I can't say no to that."

Jeongguk hummed. "Get your butt over here and maybe I'll let you decide what you can eat."

"I'm on my way."

»»————- 🥊 ————-««

The kitchen table was littered with Chinese food. Hoseok was currently stuffing his mouth with spring rolls as he dug into some noodles as well. Jeongguk had drowned his sticky rice in curry sauce as he scooped it up and shoved it into his mouth. The television was still on in the living room but it was set onto a music channel so soft tunes traveled from there into the kitchen.

"So, did you talk to Taehyung yet?" Hoseok asked, mouth full of food.

"About what?" Jeongguk replied, mouth equally stuffed with food.

The other boy laughed and finally swallowed down his spring rolls. "About his panic session a few days ago when he woke up without you."

"Oh, that." Jeongguk suddenly remembered that. "I guess I forgot to talk to him about it because we ended up talking about Seokjin at dinner."