Chapter 19: Changes

By the time Wednesday came around, everyone had forgotten about their little interrogation.

Everything felt strangely peaceful, especially for Remi who seemed to be in high spirits today. 

The safe house had cancelled their Monday and Tuesday sessions to let students adjust back to their classes. But now, the safe house was back on and Remi couldn't have been happier.

So far, things seemed to be running smoother in the school. Both Blyke and Isen reported that they had to break up less fights than usual, even managing to get some people to actually apologize to one another.

It sounded almost too good to be true.

She practically skipped inside as she attended her first class. She normally hated Chemistry, but, even having to clean up a broken beaker didn't dampen her mood.

Remi knew there was still the whole John situation to take care of as well as what would happen to their headmaster.

All of these things happening left her worried. There was no telling what lay ahead for her or any of the other royals. But she knew she had to keep pushing forward despite the odds.

Even if she could solve just one problem for now, that was good enough for her.

She would be meeting later on with Seraphina after school to help her start looking for clues and start tracking down leads.

For once, things seemed to be fairly normal.

But even that had to end... 

Remi had just gotten lunch when she heard a commotion around one of the bulletin boards.

As she walked to the doors, she overheard some students. "Did you see the board?" "No. Why?" "This is madness! They can't do this!" "We don't have a choice man." "As if my day couldn't get any worse."

Remi raised an eyebrow but ignored it for now. She had other things to attend to.

As she left the lunch room however, she noticed something odd.

There were strange yellow flyers everywhere, plastered to walls, bulletin boards, and even hidden in the slots of lockers.

Students were holding these flyers, some in confusion, others crinkling up the sheets and ripping them to bits, others in complete shock.

Walking around the halls shouldn't have felt as odd as it did. But for Remi, it felt weird. She felt like all eyes were on her as she walked towards her locker to drop off some books before going to have lunch with Blyke and Isen at the safe house.

She eventually stopped by her locker, able to finally get a look at the sheets of paper. The pinkette stared at the flyer and gasped. "W-what...?!"

Printed in bold letters was a briefing of sorts, a message to all the students.

_______________________________

ATTENTION! STARTING ON FRIDAY, THE FOLLOWING LIST OF CLUBS AND EVENTS WILL BE DISCONTINUED DUE TO UNFORESEEN CIRCUMSTANCES:

-Art club 

-Poetry

-Book club 

-After school sporting events