Chapter 13 - Talab (طلب)

A few more rasms were done at the arrival of the daughter-in-law in the Khan haveli. The rams were helpful in distracting her from the nervous breakdown she has an hour ago when she left her parents. Luckily to her she was so used to everyone in the Khan family that it wasn't new to her. Taking part in aome conversation and rasms she was then taken to Arifs refurnished bedroom by Pareesa.

Entering the room she looked around and noticed the changes. It looked like a completely new room. Th walls were now plain white, which once were a more creamy colour and filled with random frames. There were new shelves added to the walls which had a bit of books and little plants on them too giving the room a fresh vibe. The bed was a higher and bigger one and reached quite into the room. The pillars of the bed were encircled with a line of flowers and a line do fairy lights. The door to the wall in wardrobe which was previously a store to Arif was now a sliding door glass door. And the bathroom door remained as was before.

Pareesa freshened up Laibas makeup and sat her down in the bed. She also revised everything Laiba had been informed before about what to do now. Read the 2 sunnah raqats on her bridal dupatta and then do..anything else..Pareesa reminded in hidden words. Pareesa also reminded her to ask Arif to find his name in her henna and Laiba bobbed her head. Kissing Laiba's veiled head Pareesa left the room.

Laiba sat in the middle of her bed with her lengha spread around her and toyed with one of the rings on her fingers, not knowing what else she could do, she was clearly instructed not to move until Arif comes.

She heard noises from the other side of the door and assumed it's Falak and her cousins doing the door blocking rasm. She giggled hearing the way they were demanding money from Arif. A couple of minutes later Arif entered the room. To make his presence notable he knocked the door, even though he had entered.

She knew he entered but still didn't say anything.
He said a salam and she whispered one back. He came and sat next to her. A pin drop silence filled the room. And their heartbeat could now be heard, which was clearly racing.

Coughing for courage Arof shifted a little closer. Remembering what he was told by his elder cousins he spoke.
"Should we offer the prayer now?" And she nodded her head in approval.

Before he could move of the bed she held his hand. And he turned to her.
"Aap yeh nahi utarenge?" She asked in a mere whisper, confused to why he hadn't lifted her veil of yet. If the room wasn't this silent he wouldn't have even heard it.

Smiling he came forward and lifted her veil.

A "Subhanallah" rolled of his tongue as reflex. And she ducked her head low, hiding the blush which began creeping up to her cheeks. And he smiled in adoration.

"Let's pray"he said trying to make her comfortable whilst holding out a hand for her.

She placed her hand in his still not looking up and walked over to the center of the room with him.
She spread out the veil in the floor as was instructed and covered her head with the shawl she had for prayer. He smiled at her and turned toward the Kiblah. They prayed the two rakats and were now sitting making dua. He looked over to her and saw her with her eyes shut tightly as she whispered words into her raised palms. She opened her eyes seeing his gaze on her and smiled back.

Getting up they moved back and sat on the bed and he broke the silence.she loosened the shawl around her head and folded the veil they just prayed on. He placed a hand on her head and recited a dua specific to the matrimonial night. Whilst he recited she felt a sudden comfort surround her.

When she saw he was done she popped out her dimple and forwarded her palms to him. And he gave her a questioning look.

"Apna naam dhundein" she bit back her smile, but it was still evident by her eyes.

Intekhaab✔️जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें