Chapter 14

Roman's pov

"Finally! Why the hell did you take so long?" Marco asked me as I got into the car.

"Shut up, it's not that you have anything better to do," I huffed him, shutting the door.

"I have better things to do than wait for you, I have a luggage to pack," he said with a grin, starting the car.

"Why? New mission? Who's going to die?" I asked him with a frown.

"Nope, not a mission, it's just my turn to take six months off and relax after being Helena's personal bodyguard, and playing horse for Lucia for months," he said dramatically.

"At least you don't have to teach Cara how to use a gun, poor Valerio," I chuckled amused.

We convinced capo that Valerio, my brother from another motherfucker, should train Cara because we were overloaded with work and deals, and didn't have time to teach her properly. It was a weak excuse, but it worked.

We didn't mind training Alanzo, the boy had potential, but capo treated his children equally. Therefore, we also had to hand Alanzo over to him when we handed Cara over. Otherwise, he'd ask us why we had time for Alanzo but not for Cara.

"I'd rather train Cara than take care of Helena's pregnancy cravings," Marco claimed, shaking his head.

"How bad were her cravings?" I asked amused. "Bad," he sighed, "she made me go and search for organic grapes in winter, I drove hours in order to find them."

"Organic grapes are better than organic dragon fruits, believe me, I had driven for hours but couldn't find some," I huffed as he drove through the gate and stopped in front of the mansion. It was a short ride from my home to the mansion as I lived nearby.

"You dared coming back without her craving?" Marco asked me surprised. "No, I'd just bought one from a store," I explained getting out of the car.

"Smart, I will note this method for her next pregnancy since capo and her have a very high sex drive," Marco claimed, nodding his head.

"Sorry to disappoint you, but it didn't work, I don't know how, but her pregnancy nose could smell that it wasn't organic," I muttered, reminding how annoying she was.

"Then, what did you do?" Marco asked with a frown. "After she threw the dragon fruit on my head, crying and whining that it isn't organic, and unhealthy for her baby, I left the mansion to continue my search," I sighed, walking to the mansion.

"Did you find some?" Marco asked curiously. "Yes, I found them in the black market, they were selling them as a multipack," I chuckled.

"Multipack?" Marco asked confused.

"Yes, you could buy a syringe of drugs with an organic fruit of your choice, to inject it into the fruit," I explained, using the keys to open the front door.

"I hope you didn't give her a drugged fruit," Marco said sceptically. "Of course not!" I told him, shaking my head, "I wouldn't waste the drugs on her! I got the drugs and she got her fruit! It was a win-win at the end!"

"I still cannot believe you went to search for an organic dragon fruit in the black market and found it," Marco claimed, chuckling.

"I was desperate, alright!" I justified myself. "That woman makes you desperate!"

"Who? Helena?" he asked amused. "We are in her mansion, don't call her name! Otherwise she'll appear!" I shushed him, putting my hand over his mouth.

"Roman!" I heard Helena calling for me, behind me. "You see what you've done!" I groaned at Marco.