Chapter 13

Chapter 13

All of a sudden, a little shock went through my body, making me jolt a little. I could hear some hushed whispers near me, making me scrunch my eyebrows a little. I felt tired throughout, and all I wanted was for the gray noise to die out.

A hand fell on my shoulder, and started to shake me a little, making me scrunch my eyebrows even harder, before relenting and opening my eyes. Immediately, I was assaulted by brightness, along with an annoying headache.

I shot my hands up to cover my eyes, which was when I felt a pair of fluffy arms hold my shoulders. I slowly peeled my fingers away as I got accustomed to the light, and saw a very concerned wolf in front of me.

"Zavier? You okay?" He asked, lifting his hand from my shoulder to pet me behind my head. My eyes widened a little, and I gently nodded in response. Ian sighed in relief, and brought me into a hug. I nuzzled into his embrace, enjoying the warmth emanating from his body.

"You worried us a lot, you know?" I heard to my side. I reluctantly peeled away from the hug to look at who it was, and saw Zane sitting on the chair in front of my study desk, his arms stretched behind his head with one leg over another. "The others are in the living room. I'll go tell them that you're awake and okay." He smiled, and got up and walked out of the door.

There was silence in the air for a bit after the door was shut close. I could feel Ian's eyes on me, while I looked away from him, rubbing my arm a little out of nervousness. I closed my eyes, trying to take deep breaths to calm myself down, before pulling Ian in and hugging him, resting my head on his chest.

I heard him make a little 'Oomf' sound, before chuckling. He wrapped his arms around me again. "I missed you too." He said, seeming to have understood what I wanted to say through my actions. We stayed like that for a bit, just enjoying each other's presence, before I looked up at him with a smile. He returned the smile with a grin, and leaned down to give me a peck on the nose.

"Can you walk?" He asked, to which I gave nod. "C'mon then, let's go to the living room It's best to show them that you're okay." He gently helped me down the bed and onto my feet. I leaned on him for support, to which he wrapped an arm around my shoulder to keep me upright.

As we walked down the stairs, my mind went back through all the crazy things that have happened in the past two weeks. I was all alone in the world, with everyone that loved me dead. And now, here I am, with my family and my friends right by my side. Even though it wasn't me who experienced them, I still remember all the childhood memories of the entire group of us playing together.

I looked up at Ian, his lips turned up in a grin as we walked side-by-side. He's my hero in this story of mine. I don't know what I would have done without him. I grinned at that thought, thankful for him for sticking by my side throughout.

The rest of the summer awaits us. Now, I can make my own memories, ones which I will directly experience. Though I have lost the majority of my childhood to a mishap, I will enjoy the rest of my teenage years with the ones I love by my side.

I closed my eyes, and saw my human-self, smiling back at me, his hair still messy as ever. We lifted our hands and shook them, and grinned.

"To a new chance at life."

-----------XXX---------