129

"Please just humor him" Faline groans as Stiles rambles to his father.

"I know his family left town around the time Theo was nine or ten," Stiles says. "His older sister died in an accident when he was eight-"

"Please go to school," Mr. Stilinski says.

"Dad this kid is a werewolf," Stiles says.

"Your best friend is a werewolf," Mr. Stilinski says. "You are dating a witch. I still don't know what Kira's supposed to be. When the flying monkeys come soaring through this station, you will have my undivided attention. Until then, just go to school"

"What did you do?" Stiles asks.

"What?" Mr. Stilinski asks. "What do you mean 'What did I do?'"

"There's something different about you," Stiles says.

"What are you talking about?"

"What is it?" Stiles asks. "What's different?"

"For the love of god Stiles just go to school"

"I will go if you promise to do a full background check of the Raekens," Stiles says.

"No," Mr. Stilinski says. "You know what? Just because I'm the only law enforcement officer who knows anything about this, does not make it my responsibility to do something every time you have a minor suspicion"

"Except you're not the only one," Stiles says and the two teenagers motion to Jordan.

"He's really bored Mr. S," Faline says. "So he'll do it"

"PARRISH"

Stiles follows Jordan and Faline turns to Mr. Stilinski.

"Ironed shirt, cologne, combed hair, you shaved," Faline says, a wide grin on her face. "You've either got a date or are trying to get one"

"I am not"

"Tell that to the redness of your cheeks," Faline says. "Wait- She said she was- Lydia's m- OH MY GOD!"

Mr. Stilinski slams his office door shut as Stiles and Jordan both lookup. Mr. Stilinski pulls the string on the blinds.

"You're banging Lydia's mom?" Faline hisses.

"I am not banging her," Mr. Stilinski says. "We're just going out for dinner"

"Then you'll bang her" Faline nods but Mr. Stilinski hits her with a folder he had on his desk.

"Stiles is a bad influence"

"Honestly," Faline says. "It's been so long I've forgotten who the bad influence is"

"Nothing" Stiles sighs, opening the door to see Faline rubbing her head. "What-"

"Nothing," Mr. Stilinski says. "Now get to school"

"So you ran a background check," Malia says as they walk up the steps. "And all you found was a speeding ticket?"

"Speeding ticket signed by Theo's dad eight years ago," Stiles says.

"Which means what?"

"Who speeds?" Stiles asks.

"Reckless drivers?" Faline asks. "Me?"

"People trying to get away from something," Stiles says.

"How many speeding tickets do you have?" Malia asks.

"None"

"How many would you have if your dad didn't get you out of them?" Malia asks.

"Seventeen," Stiles says.