| 8 |

I stare intently at the blank canvas in front of me, my eyes scanning from corner to corner, every possible inch on the white space has been examined by my eyes. But the more that I look at it, the less interested and motivated I become. Nothing seems right.

  I glance over at my tv that plays Home Alone with the volume low, but loud enough for me to hear it well. Snow is falling harshly outside and piling up on the recently melted snow. This time it seems it's going to stick for longer than anyone really wants. For November, it's snowed a whole hell of a lot.

  I sigh and set down my pain brush that has yet to be used and instead, I start cleaning everything up. I've been trying to get more into painting but my natural artistic skill is drawing.

  I take the paints and water cup to my sink and begin rinsing them out, the few colors of pain washing down into the drain in a swirling motion.

  Tonight is thanksgiving and I've yet to call my parents, however, I've yet to hear from them either. When my semester started, I had a bit of an argument with my mom about this whole thing. The same old shit like always. But I haven't spoken to her since, my dad a couple times but he's always going to be on my moms side.

  A knock on my door causes me to jump, shutting the water off and glancing over at the time. Who would be knocking on my door at midnight? I don't think much about it before I'm pulling the door open anyways, my eyes slightly widening.

  "Harry?" I ask, the surprise clear in my voice and probably on my face. He stands there, tall and lean, his hands stuffed in his pockets as he looks at me. But his face isn't hard or angry, something is wrong.

  "Hi." He says lowly. I stare at him for a moment before I shake my head, stepping to the side as a signal for him to come inside. "I don't mean to barge in but—" He shakes his head as I close and lock the door behind us, watching as he slowly walks inside.

  "No it's fine. Are you. . ." I trail off my sentence, unsure if I should be asking him that question due to the reaction it earned me from him the last time. ". . .Okay?" I lower my voice.

  "Yeah. . . I just— fuck." He mutters, running his fingers through his hair as he sucks in a sharp breath causing me to frown.

  "You don't have to explain, we can just hangout or something." I tell him, trying to ignore the fact that I'm only wearing an oversized shirt and underwear.

  Harry still has yet to look me in the eye, his head is hung low and he stands leaned against the kitchen island while I stand in the middle of the room watching him, wondering what is going on.

  "I shouldn't have come here." He mutters, shaking his head profusely. I frown, slowly walking towards him. "I should go." He states quickly, his eyes finally meeting mine, only a few feet of space in between us is left.

"Stay, seriously it's fine." I assure him. His eyes flicker from one of mine to the other, his lips slightly parted. "Relax." I breathe.

"I can't be alone right now, Clover." He finally confesses, his eyes and face both soft and almost desperate. Desperate to not be left alone.

I only just now notice the way his finger excessively twists the ring around his middle finger. The metal constantly twists around his knuckle, my eyes trailing away from the motion and back to his eyes where he stares at me.

"You don't have to be." I tell him with a small nod, reaching forward hesitantly to take his hand. He looks at my hand for a moment before taking it, allowing me to lead him to my couch.

  I watch as he timidly sits down, his hands grasping his knees as he stares at the tv screen, a small sigh escaping my lips.

  "Can I get you anything?" I ask him, earning his attention. He shakes his head, sitting stiffly and uncomfortably on my couch. I frown and fall to sit in the chair adjacent from the couch he is sat on, watching him intently.

  "Don't stare at me." He mumbles causing me to sigh and lean my head back on the chair, my eyes staring at the ceiling.

  "Well I'm worried." I respond honestly, letting my head fall back normally, realizing he's already looking at me.

  "This is exactly why I shouldn't have come." He mutters harshly under his breath, abruptly standing from my couch, tugging his fingers through his curls and gripping the roots. "Why would I ever fucking think this was smart?" He questions to himself, walking towards the door. I roll my eyes and swiftly follow him.

  "Harry." I call, watching as he bends down to grab his shoes. "Harry, stop." I say again, a bit louder this time, not understanding what caused this sudden change of mood. "Harry!"

  "Clover!" He almost shouts back, finally turning around to face me. His eyes are wide and his face is flushed, his hands clenched into tight fists at his sides and the veins in his neck very lightly bulge out. "I'm leaving."

  "Well I don't want you to leave." I argue, watching his body stiffen at my words. "Stay." I whisper lowly, his eyes screwing shut for a moment before he reopens them.

  "Fuck me." He breathes lowly, leaning his back on the door, his eyes focused on my feet. I slowly approach him, causing his eyes to rake up my body until they meet my own eyes.

  "We don't have to talk or even be in the same room, but there's obviously some reason you came here tonight." I tell him. He stares at me and for a moment, doesn't say anything.

  "I said I didn't want to talk about it." He snaps.

"And we won't." I respond, watching his chest move up and down at a fast pace. I can practically see how fast his heart is beating through his chest. "Tell me what you want to do, Harry." I mumble after a moment of him not saying anything.

"I don't know, Clover, fuck." He hisses to himself. I sigh and move to stand beside him, but instead I slide down and sit with my knees propped against my chest, Harry staring down at me. "What are you doing?" He questions.

"Sitting." I respond, leaning my head back against the wall. I hear him quietly scoff to himself and for a minute or so it's silent. Until he slides down beside me, stretching his legs out in front of him.

And we just sit quietly beside one another.

Happy update cuties! I hope this chapter was alright? I liked it and thought it was cute, don't worry there is more to come :)

Much love
~C