thirty four

The last chapter was messy as fuck. Anyways-

The sun shone directly on the two sleeping figures. The first figure, a boy, was holding the girl so tightly, burying his head on her neck. The second figure, the girl, was sleeping soundlessly, content on his embrace.

Lyra opened her eyes slowly, blinking away the sudden brightness that overcame her. She let out a small yawn before fully opening her eyes, gazing at her significant other's back. She smiled softly at the feeling of warmth from his embrace, and tried pulling away to get up.

But instead, the sleeping boy held onto her tighter, letting out a small whine.

"James, love. We have to get up." She whispered softly, brushing her fingers over his hair.

"No." He mumbled sleepily.

"Jamie.." Lyra mumbled, pressing a soft kiss on his head.

"5 more minutes." He whined softly, snuggling closer to the girl.

Lyra simply sighed and held onto the boy, playing with his hair, and for the first time in a while, she felt relaxed.

It was a Hogsmeade weekend, which every other student in the castle looked forward to, considering all the tension that filled the castle the past few months. They had only a few weeks left of school, and in two months, they would start their last year on Hogwarts.

Truth to be told, she was terrified. She no longer had an advantage over the future, everything had changed, and it was all because she was born.

Sometimes, Lyra wondered what was happening back in her previous life. Was she dead? Or did she just disappear from the face of the earth? What happened to Oliver? Molly? The rest of the living?

At times like this, she was grateful. She wouldn't have to live such a miserable life anymore, she gets to watch all her friends and family grow up. They weren't dead. They would still have a chance of living a happy life. Something which was really hard for Lyra to have.

She also wondered what would have happened if they had won the war back then. Would she end up with Oliver? Would she still fulfill her promise to work with Charlie and take care of dragons? Or would she be a successful and famous Spell-crafter just like she had always wanted.

But nevertheless, she never wanted to change what happened now. She was happy, even with all the mess that was currently happening, even with the war that was currently going on, she was happy.

She had a loving boyfriend who she absolutely fell in love with, she had a group of prank-loving boys as her best friends, She had her girls to gossip with, to have a slumber party with, to go shopping with, she had two healthy and alive parents who she loved so dearly, and she had a little brother she always wanted.

She wouldn't change a thing.

Everyone she knew, had lived miserably, or died painfully, back in her previous life. At least now, they were alive and breathing. Something Lyra was determined to keep.

Back then, Remus hated himself all his life, pushing everyone away because of his condition. At least now, he had a best friend who managed to save his whole life from hating himself. He had a partner he could rely on, a family to love him.

Back then, Sirius was imprisoned for 12 years, only started being happy, but his life was ripped away. At least now, Lyra was there to make sure it didn't happen.

Back then, Regulus was forced to join the Death Eaters, lived with his abusive parents, sacrificed his life for the sake of the Wizarding World. At least now, he had a loving family, a healthy relationship with his brother, and a sister to make sure he was safe and happy.

Back then, her girls were all slaughtered along with the rest of their family. At least now that won't ever happen. Not on her watch.

Back then, no one was there to keep them safe, to keep them in line. At least now they had Lyra.

"C'mon, love. It's been fifteen minutes. Don't you want to visit Hogsmeade?" Lyra cooed at her boyfriend.

James peaked his eye open, and sent her an adorable sleepy smile,

"Can we go in the afternoon? I wanna stay in for now." He mumbled.

Lyra simply hummed and pressed a soft kiss on his lips, before pulling away and smiling down at him. "Alright."

------

The couple went to Hogsmeade hand in hand. This would be their one of many unofficial dates, where Sirius and Remus would wonder on their own, Peter would go on another date with Mary, the girls would be on their respective dates, and Lily on a friendly trip with Severus. Regulus would be cooped up on the library with his friend, Jaden, who Lyra knew was definitely more than a friend to him, busy studying for their O.W.L's.

"Can we go to Zonko's?" James asked childishly, a big grin on his face.

Lyra simply laughed at him before letting him pull her towards the Joke shop, where he spent loads of money on pranking equipment.

"I'm getting bored more and more every time I visit this place though. They never release new products." James pouted, staring at his shopping bag.

"Well, around twenty or more so years from now, there would be a new joke shop opened by the Weasley twins. And let me tell you, their products are absolutely genius." Lyra grinned.

"I'd be too old already." James frowned,

"There's never such thing as too old." Lyra grinned, pecking his cheeks before pulling him to Honeydukes.

"How many toffees do you want?" James asked the second they arrived in front of the tall shelf, knowing she was too short to grab them and would most likely fall if she jumped.

"4 boxes, please." She smiled,

James grabbed the boxes, holding them for the girl before leaning down to press a soft kiss on her lips.

"I think I deserved that for grabbing these for you." He grinned wolfishly, causing Lyra to roll her eyes.

"You're lucky I love you." She told him, turning on her heels to pay for the sweets.

"Damn right I am." He said loudly, staring at her leaving figure with a loving smile.

----

A bit of information:

Bi Sirius, Gay Regulus, Gay Remus, BI LILY, Lesbian Marlene, Pan Dorcas and definitely BI LYRA!!!

Introducing Jaden Selwyn; pronouns(they/them) Non binary, cutie pie.

pairings;

Lyra/James

Remus/Sirius

Marlene/Dorcas

Regulus/Jaden

Lily/OC (later on you'll know)

Peter/Mary (maybe, who knows.)

asjdhajkfhdjahjs everything will go downhill the next chapter, get your popcorn ready.