thirty five

The couple walked happily towards the Three Broomsticks where they would be meeting up with the rest of their friends. Just as they arrived a building away from the place, everything went downhill.

Black shadows appeared out of nowhere, which was soon revealed as people using masks on, raising their wands to attack the visitors, who were mostly Hogwarts students. Someone shot a spell towards a building in front of them, which caused bricks to collapse, and Lyra thought fast.

"Arresto Momentum!" She yelled, slowing the falling debris down to let people get away in time.

"James, warn the others!" Lyra panicked,

"I'm not leaving you!" He yelled, wrapping his arms around the girl to make sure he didn't lose her from the panicking crowd.

"Stupefy!" She screamed, thrusting her arms out towards a group of Death Eaters who were rounding a few third years.

"Get inside! Quick! Make sure to lock the doors and tell Madame Rosmerta and any of the seniors to place protective charms! Now!" She shouted at them,

The group of third years nodded frantically and entered the three broomsticks, and a few moments later, Sirius, Remus, Peter, and Mary exited the place.

"What's going on?" Sirius shouted, running towards his two best friends.

"Death Eaters." Was all she said, before pulling out her wand and shooting a spell behind him.

"Get the third and fourth years to safety, now!" She ordered, and Remus, Mary and Peter left, ushering students inside the nearest shops.

"Where are the others?!"

"Look! Marlene and Dorcas!" Sirius pointed to the other side of the street, where the pair was back-to-back, dueling a group of death eaters.

"Help them!" James told Sirius, nodding towards the pair.

Sirius rushed towards then, stunning two death eaters coming up behind them. Everything was chaotic, screams were echoing throughout the village, and a bunch of students were injured was carried by some seventh years towards the nearest shop.

Lyra looked at her surroundings in horror, students were dueling with blood dripping down their foreheads, or some bruise on their faces. Most of the students who were dueling the Death Eaters were apart of the dueling club, and she saw that most of them had the upper hand.

"James, find Lily and Sev. Now!" She demanded fiercely, not accepting any other answers.

Instead, James stared at her for a few seconds, contemplating his next actions before nodding quickly, "Be safe." Was all he said before he rushed to find the pair.

Lyra was then surrounded by 4 death eaters, one of them wore their mask off, Bellatrix Lestrange. The same woman who killed Remus Lupin. The same woman who killed the Weasley twins, the boys she considered her brothers. The same woman who killed Sirius Black.

"Well, well. Look what we have here." She cackled crazily. "You've been giving the Dark Lord quite a bit of problem." She smirked dangerously.

Right then, Lyra knew she was right. Somebody had betrayed them, and from beside Bellatrix, a figure shifted nervously. Lyra snapped her head towards the person and narrowed her eyes, having a good feeling that the person was the rat.

"Tell your master I don't give a fuck." Lyra spat, before thrusting her left hand towards her, and raising her wand with the other, "Expelliarmus!"

Two Death Eaters were blast off, and their wands flew to her hands, she glared at Bellatrix who was fuming at her, and maintained eye contact while snapping the wands into half.