~Chapter 12~

Lucien's POV

How could one woman be so stubborn?I understand that she had somewhere to be but goddamnit she could've just eaten here.

"...That okay with you,boss?"I zoned back in and looked at Ace for a while before nodding.I cursed at myself for not focusing.

"You didn't here anything I said,is that correct boss?"he sighed and slid down in his seat.I quirked an eyebrow and he looked at me seriously.

"Go over it one more time,"I said and sat up straighter.

"More cargo has been vanishing from the shipments.We've been patrolling the docks closely but that doesn't seem to solve the problem.So I was thinking we bribe or threaten someone from the inside of Valkov's gang,"Ace said and I took a minute to think about it.

"Yes that might solve the problem but how can we get a rat and how sure can we be that he's gonna tell the truth?"Ace looked as frustrated as I felt.

"That's true so let's find a rat,kidnap someone close to him and we have a solution!"he grinned and I smirked at him.

"I trust you will arrange it.Ask for anything you need,"I said and he nodded.Ace got up and left and closed the door behind him.I looked at the clock and saw it was nearing twelve o'clock.I pulled out the file Ace prepared with Scarlett's details.My eyes skimmed over the file and I threw it to the side.I sighed and rubbed my forehead before I got up and headed to the door.

I took my phone out of my pocket and dialed Giovanni's number.

"Sir?"he picked up.

"I assume Scarlett is still with you?"I asked.

"Yes,sir,"he replied.

"Good,I won't be at the estate when you return so make sure you bring her back safely,"I hung up and walked out the front door.

"Garret, I'll drive myself,"he nods and hands me the keys of my black Porsche.

I unlock it and climb inside before starting the car.The gates slowly open and I drive out and down the road.

I type in the location in the GPS and took a left.I was on my way to meet Lorenzo Kutz,one of the men I do business with.We've known each other for quite a while and work well together.He suggested that we meet at a downtown pub.

I arrived at the pub about half an hour later.I walked through the doors and into the dimly lit room.The purple neon lights inside complimented the pub.I looked around and saw Lorenzo sitting at a booth nearby.I walked towards him and he stood up and greeted me.

"Hello Lucien.I hope you've been well?"I shook his hand and nodded.

"Hello Lorenzo.Yes,I have been good,"he nodded towards my seat and I took a seat.

"Would you mind telling me about how you ship the cargo?Because a whole lot of cargo have been disappearing before they arrive,"he looked at me for a while.As he was about to answer,a waitress sauntered up to our table with a bottle of whiskey and two glasses.She walked away and he cleared his throat before he began speaking.

"Well...I only get the stuff ready,I don't personally deliver it.My right hand handle the record of the stuff shipped out so you'll get your info from him.Lucien,I hope you don't think I'm stealing from you,"he folded his hands and leaned back.

"In this line of work it would be odd for me not to suspect you but I don't.Velkov is the first on my list,"I said and took a sip of my whiskey.I swirled the amber liquid around in the glass and looked up at Lorenzo again.

"Got nothing to do with it.I'll give the records when we meet again,"he said and sipped at his whiskey.

A few hours passed by with us talking about business and exchanging strategies.We said our goodbyes and I walked out of the pub.I unlocked my car and climbed inside,starting it.The car roared to life and I pulled onto the road.